The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » CSB (Copper, Silver, Brass) Routines (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3991 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Ungimmicked CSB found in the NYCMS dvd series, and an updated version in my Penguin Live lecture 2, and my At the Table lecture, also available as a dvd or download from Penguin. Should be mentioned that Geoff Latta has a CSB routine with a different kind of gimmick in Coinmagic, and on the NYCMS dvd series. Gallo also has a two copper one silver routine in the same series.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
605 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
There's a DVD by Jeremy Pei on a number of different routines that can be done with the set.

http://www.ultimatecsbmagic.com/ or http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12354

Looks like a fantastic resource. Unfortunately for me, this DVD seems to be available only in PAL format. Wish an NTSC version was available.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1605 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Karnak, you can run J. Pei DVD in the computer, this is how I do it
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
605 Posts

Profile of karnak
I'm a Mac user, and my understanding is that I can only change regions (from NTSC to PAL, or vice versa) four or five times on a Mac before it locks permanently to a single region. So unfortunately not an ideal solution, it would seem.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1605 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
You now see why a Windows base machine is better Smile
Danwseers
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Danwseers
Download handbrake and rip and encode it to whatever you want. Handbrake is free and awesome.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
+1 on Handbreak
I believe Paul Vigil also covered in Dorrs of Deception
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
John Bannon Mystery on the Aztec Orient express in Smoke and Mirrors. -

Jc Wagner in Commercial Magic (same as Doc Easons) I believe this is the routine that comes with the Johnson set. The standard whats in my pocket routine

Derek Dingle has a handling . In complete works of Derek dingle
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I've been playing with Mark Mason's 'Orient Express'.... basically a CSB but with all Chinese coins, red, blue, black. Very nice so far. Less explanation for the spectators... just colors. I like it so far.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8915 Posts

Profile of funsway
As mentioned on another thread CSB can be presented with an Immigration or Dreamer theme.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1283 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Here are some thoughts on the CSB effect: I love Doc Eason's. there are several things to be mined from it, at least. but two things I will not do: go to my pocket, and give a false explanation and show some extra coins or not. To most people, once a reasonable explanation is given even if fake, they will just give mental assent to it and believe it. Even if they don't understand everything that follows.

Hein's routine seems to break some new ground. It is very rich. what do you think?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1054 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I posted this on another thread - no pocket work!

https://youtu.be/T66UmgepDzg
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5333 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, funsway wrote:
As mentioned on another thread CSB can be presented with an Immigration or Dreamer theme.

Yeah, but you better be aware of the political leanings of your audience or risk the consequences! Personally I wouldn’t refer to anything political in my act; way too much overreaction nowadays.

Jim
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2018, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, funsway wrote:

Yeah, but you better be aware of the political leanings of your audience or risk the consequences! Personally I wouldn’t refer to anything political in my act; way too much overreaction nowadays.

Jim

I would say that in today's social and political climate, this is very wise advice.
McIntyreMagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn, NY
83 Posts

Profile of McIntyreMagic
I own the CSB from Paul Vigil but unfortunately never got to see his handling due to Doors being sold out everywhere...If anyone has any info on that, it would be very much appreciated.
John McIntyre
John McIntyre
My website: http://mcintyremagic.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Richard Mendez, a member here, has a wonderful CSB routine.
"But there isn't a door"
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2018, Tom Fenton wrote:
Richard Mendez, a member here, has a wonderful CSB routine.

Any video of a performance? Anywhere the routine is published?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I also have a C.S.B. Routine ( using a Solid C.S.B.) With a purse Frame! the coins changing places In and out of a purse frame! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2018, David Neighbors wrote:
I also have a C.S.B. Routine ( using a Solid C.S.B.) With a purse Frame! the coins changing places In and out of a purse frame! Smile

Video? Published source? Do you have a routine using a CSB with one of the coins having a hole in the center?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
It is in My Las Vegas Lecture It is called "Framed International" And no that Is the Bad thing About A Reg. C.S.B. You can only use it for the change routine Where You are going to be showing both coins at the same time! you can not Show just the Chinese coin because they will see the copper coin under it ! Smile ! So you Can't use it for any where near as much stuff as you can a 2 copper one silver, or a solid C.S.B. Smile I have a ton of stuff for It!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » CSB (Copper, Silver, Brass) Routines (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL