The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUPER QUICK CUBE by Syouma and Takamiz Usui (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dang Videoman, is there anything you don't have? Smile

Thanks for the visit as usual and excellent info!

Yeah Akira is a good piece of kit. I like to get the sound down to one click which signifies one turn to the viewer. It is fun to practice, even if the cube has become mixed rather then solving it again and again.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, videoman wrote:
I got this a few months ago so I can say a little about it.
It's a pretty short video explaining 2 methods of performing the effect.
Basically the effect is showing a mixed cube and then passing one hand in front and the cube is solved.

The first method involves altering a cube and the second method involves adding a gimmick which can be removed leaving a normal cube.
It comes with a DVD and a cube and gimmick ready made so it is ready to go out of the box.

Not a bad effect but I think something like an Akira solve is probably more practical and achieves a similar effect although with SQC+ there are no fast movements. It can be done slowly.

Takamiz Usui is Da Man when it comes to cube magic so I'm not going to say that I don't like something of his. And I really do think this is pretty cool and if you are a true student of cube magic then you should probably know about it. You could add this to practically any existing cube routine you currently do to kick it up a notch and add another magic moment to it. I'm thinking of using it as part of my Isolated routine.

Mine only came with the DVD, which doesn’t really explain what he made the gimmick from. I think this is pretty good, but would like to know what he made the gimmick from. I got mine from Meir Yedid, wonder if it didn’t come complete?

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Robert, your post reminded me that there may be 2 versions of this product available.
A less expensive DIY version which consists of only the video, and a version that is complete with cube and gimmick.
So I would guess you purchased the video only.
I bought it from Stevens Magic and the complete version cost $30.

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/super-......t-combo/

So you could compare that to what you paid.

The Combo version includes a pre-made gimmick and cube.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Without revealing methods... how practical is the ditch...are there angle/clothing, color limitations?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, randyburtis wrote:
Without revealing methods... how practical is the ditch...are there angle/clothing, color limitations?

Extremely easy and practical.
No limitations at all, certainly no clothing or color limitations.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Thanks. Adds this to the list... #whosaysIhavetoomuchrubiksmagic

:)
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, videoman wrote:
Robert, your post reminded me that there may be 2 versions of this product available.
A less expensive DIY version which consists of only the video, and a version that is complete with cube and gimmick.
So I would guess you purchased the video only.
I bought it from Stevens Magic and the complete version cost $30.

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/super-......t-combo/

So you could compare that to what you paid.

The Combo version includes a pre-made gimmick and cube.

Thanks, you are absolutely correct. The version from Meir Yedid is $20.00 and only the DVD, I didn't know there were two versions. I may just buy the kit as well as it is a good idea and appears to be practical. I do have several of the other gimmicks, Rubiks Dream, RD 360, etc... so I may not need to add anything, but it's worth checking into.

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
140 Posts

Profile of kevg
If you want to hand this out then the gimmicked version is what you want. If you don't mind not handing it out then use the other version. If you don't mind not not handing it out, but also don't want to alter your cube as in the instructions then I have a solution. You could do your normal cube routine and then quickly set up for SQC - If you have this PM me and I will explain.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great info Kevg. This is on my radar now. Thanks for bringing this one up. The visual on the video looks very nice. I don't mind altering a cube, I have zillions. Does it come with a cube or just the gimmick? Is a rubic tiled cube or different stickered speed cube suitable for the gimmick?
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
140 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, Decomposed wrote:
Great info Kevg. This is on my radar now. Thanks for bringing this one up. The visual on the video looks very nice. I don't mind altering a cube, I have zillions. Does it come with a cube or just the gimmick? Is a rubic tiled cube or different stickered speed cube suitable for the gimmick?

I think it just comes with the gimmick, but not sure? For the gimmick version the stickered is probably the best. For non-gimmicked, you could use either.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I just bought this. I don't have a place for it in my show but it just felt right to support one of the pioneers of Cube Magic considering the other cube stuff I do , uses some of his principles.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good thoughts ya'll, thanks.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I get the impression the camera person knows this and was in "cahoots" as the moving of the camera and the reaching out hand seems nicely placed and timed. If you know what I mean? Looks good - may well pick this up though. I am assuming it can be performed seated?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9173 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wouldn’t you be better off with HH’s version?
DrMattB
View Profile
New user
Delaware
6 Posts

Profile of DrMattB
How are the angles with SQC?
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
For roughly half the price, how does this compare to RD Insta?
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2017, kevg wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2017, mh1001 wrote:
This looks fantastic, really...
I'm shocked. No idea how it works.
I hope it can be immediately handed out, because people obviously want to grab it to ensure that what they saw was real. I don't care if the cube is not examinable before the effect. The video suggests it can be handed out. I'm waiting for a confirmation.

Yes it can't be immediately handed out, just like as it's shown in the trailer

Can you please just clarify - did you mean it CAN be handed out and is examinable immediately?
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
139 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, danHumphrey wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2017, kevg wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2017, mh1001 wrote:
This looks fantastic, really...
I'm shocked. No idea how it works.
I hope it can be immediately handed out, because people obviously want to grab it to ensure that what they saw was real. I don't care if the cube is not examinable before the effect. The video suggests it can be handed out. I'm waiting for a confirmation.

Yes it can't be immediately handed out, just like as it's shown in the trailer

Can you please just clarify - did you mean it CAN be handed out and is examinable immediately?

The blurb reads "examinable Rubik’s Cube", on August 5, 2017 kevg wrote "you are left with an examinable standard cube that can be inspected" and on May 16, 2018 he wrote "the cube is clean at the end and you can hand it out for examination".

Hence I guess we may consider the statement you're referring to as the result of a typo and a spectator examining the cube after it was solved to be a part of this effect.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3052 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes you can hand it out I am going to order this as well to use with my rubiks dream cube . You can solve this cube in full view instantly then the unsolved cube
in the bag (rubiks Dream) is now solved also ! I think takamiz is using Rubiks dream in the demo video the cube in the bag that solves !
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2020, Michael.Kegel wrote:

The blurb reads "examinable Rubik’s Cube", on August 5, 2017 kevg wrote "you are left with an examinable standard cube that can be inspected" and on May 16, 2018 he wrote "the cube is clean at the end and you can hand it out for examination".

Hence I guess we may consider the statement you're referring to as the result of a typo and a spectator examining the cube after it was solved to be a part of this effect.

Thanks Michael.Kegel, I tend not to rely on product "blurb" after being burnt in the past. Yes, I assume a typo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUPER QUICK CUBE by Syouma and Takamiz Usui (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL