The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Forte on Erdnase? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Rumour mill has it that Steve Forte is (perhaps) working on a massive tome on Erdnase and EATCT ... has anybody heard anything solid on what would likely be an interesting project for folks who find entertainment and education in the subject matter?

Up front, I'm not at all interested in anybodies opinion on Erdnase or EATCT, just interested in Forte's possible take on the man and his book, and exactly what sort of book that might turn out to be?

Anybody got any advance info on such an undertaking?
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Artie,
It is no secret that Steve is working on a book, the first I read about it was in the new introduction to Simon Lovell's second deal booklet written by Meir Yedid. The book has a chapter on Erdnase, but I do not believe the whole book is devoted to it. That's probably all the public information about the book at present.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Right after David Ben publish volume two of the Vernon bio or, the other two and three volumes he is working on the same topic.
Or right after George RR Martin releases the final two books of GoT.

Or infinity and beyond...

Artie, don't torture yourself.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
The word was a singular, and possibly large tome, exclusively on Erdnase and EATCT.

Reasonably dependable source from a historical point of view.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Artie,
Will probably need someone like Jason to confirm the exact nature of it. As I said, as I understand it from what's been written publically about it, there is a large chapter on Erdnase that sheds some critical light on the book. But as always, I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Whatever that book is, I just hope he can release it as soon as possible.
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
As Bobbycash said, Steves massive work will contain one chapter on Erdnase...if I remember correctly, between 150-200 pages. The book will be MUCH more than the Erdnase chapter. I'm sure Jason will chime in soon.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
I am sure that Jason will confirm you that. It is a massive-giant book with tons of incredible methods to cut to the 4 aces (Steve's favorite effect), ans yes, Steve's comments on Erdnase - among many many many other things. This will be a book for magicians, not lay audience. It is finished but waiting to be published.
These infos are not rumors, they are what Steve told me when I met him last year. He demonstrated for me "some" of his Cutting the Aces sequences for more than 2 hours, and it was just unbelievable. His work on breaks and side jogs is awesome - like the rest, I agree.
You don't have to be a mentalist to predict that this will be an instant Collector.
JJS
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Thanks gents, I know more today than I did yesterday - always a good thing Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Who is publishing, Meir Yedid?
No firm dates of release?
Can you pre-order?
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
The Erdnase chapter not only exists, but I've read it. I say this not to gloat but to confirm that's it's real. However, it's a work in progress and still needs an editing pass (or two). Not in publication shape but close. Just over 150 pages at present.

Can't speak for the rest of the book - haven't seen a single page of anything but the Erdnase chapter. I've been fortunate enough to see some of the material going into the book over the years, but not the actual written descriptions themselves. Still a long way off.

But yes, the stories are true....

Jason

PS: At present the Erdnase chapter is planned to be a single chapter in a larger book. Not a standalone book on Erdnase.
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Thanks Jason.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Jason if you could lock him in a room with threats to not send in any pepperoni pizza until that book is completed you'd be doing the world a favor.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
That kind of favor will be greatly appreciated.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2017, ULockJustice wrote:
Jason if you could lock him in a room with threats to not send in any pepperoni pizza until that book is completed...

And David Ben.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Actually, better lock Jason away too. Just to be safe.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
No, Jason has delivered everything he advertised.

David Ben has not.
snape
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of snape
Three years on, still waiting for Jason to release his ace-cutting routine...
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2017, snape wrote:
Three years on, still waiting for Jason to release his ace-cutting routine...

How about Scarne's Ace Cutting routine that he performed for Arnold Rothstein, the boss gambler of his era. When asked how he did it, Scarne explained he simply spotted an ace while riffle shuffling, counted the cards he shuffled on top of that ace and by simply cutting off that number of cards from a perfectly squared up deck hit the ace.

Anyone on this BB or anyone you know able to do that? Smile
AntonF
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of AntonF
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2017, JasonEngland wrote:
The Erdnase chapter not only exists, but I've read it. I say this not to gloat but to confirm that's it's real. However, it's a work in progress and still needs an editing pass (or two). Not in publication shape but close. Just over 150 pages at present.

Can't speak for the rest of the book - haven't seen a single page of anything but the Erdnase chapter. I've been fortunate enough to see some of the material going into the book over the years, but not the actual written descriptions themselves. Still a long way off.

But yes, the stories are true....

Jason

PS: At present the Erdnase chapter is planned to be a single chapter in a larger book. Not a standalone book on Erdnase.

Hi Jason, could you tell us what Erdnase Chapter consist of? I mean, new techniques based on Erdnase methods, annotations on Erdnase handlings, Steve's original variations... Does it have some about the person (who Steve thinks Erdnase is, etc..,). I am a real Erdnase and Steve enthusiast. Thanks in advance.
[...] The passion culminates in the professional. He would rather play than eat. Winning is not his sole delight.[...] there is but one pleasure in life better than winning, that is, in making the hazard...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Forte on Erdnase? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL