The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Philter" -- A new card mentalism effect from Ben Blau (coming soon) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Not as of yet. I'll keep you all informed as best I can. Thank you for your interest!
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Ben, I'm really looking forward to it!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, rockbrunnen wrote:
Ben, I'm really looking forward to it!

I sincerely hope it lives up to your expectations. It's very "Ben Blau" in its construction and performance, so if you're already a fan of my work and
approach, I think there is an extremely high likelihood that you will enjoy this routine. Currently, I'm in love with it. But there are just as many performers out there that absolutely despise my style and approach. This routine is not for them.

Ben
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
But there are just as many performers out there that absolutely despise my style and approach.

Ben

For what it's worth, I think Ben is a super talented and creative force when working with card effects in mentalism.

Best,

Atlas
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, Atlas wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
But there are just as many performers out there that absolutely despise my style and approach.

Ben

For what it's worth, I think Ben is a super talented and creative force when working with card effects in mentalism.

Best,

Atlas

I miss you, Atlas. I hope time permits us to resume our correspondence soon.

❤️❤️❤️
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
In the spirit of honesty, I think I've made up my mind on releasing a promo video of "Philter". I'm going to do it, despite the fact that I'm 100% positive that wells -read magicians will immediately try to deconstruct it and begin performing it without having to purchase it. If I'm going to be consistent with my stated beliefs, I'm obligated to release a full unedited performance video of the routine, as I have done for every other effect I've released.

To help counter the potential problem, my idea is to create a video download that includes more than just "Philter" by itself. I will make a sort of "double feature", where I also perform and teach my routine "Cardinal Sin". That will have no video demo, but I will make it known that it is included as a bonus for anyone who wants to purchase "Philter".

I think that "Philter" will fool most magicians he way I plan to demo it, but I know from experience that there will be a few who know enough about card principles to decipher the method and start performing it. I've had that problem with "Unfazed" for example. Nevertheless, this is my current plan. I hope to have some performance footage to post on Sunday evening, and will share it here and on my other mentalism group.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Looking forward to it Ben!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Okay, folks. I'm about to share a video of my first public performance of one version of my new routine, "Philter". Before you watch this, I have some comments and requests. One: I already know that the routine is way too long. The number one complaint I get about my magic is that it isn't quick enough. HOWEVER, I do not share the opinion that everything needs to be "quick and snappy". Ultimately, I just want people to think of me as an interesting person. If I can sustain the interest of a group of people for hours just based on my personality alone while NOT performing a mentalism routine, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to sustain their interest similarly while performing a ten minute mentalism routine. A routine such as this is going to require a strong sense of character and a magnetic personality. However, in its present form, I do acknowledge that it's longer than it should be, and I have some additional work to do to tighten it up. Either way, this is going to end up being on the long side. If you don't have the patience to watch the whole thing (about 15:30 presently), I'd like to request that you just don't watch it at all. If you have the discipline to understand that this is not designed for the video medium, and that it is a COMPLETELY different dynamic to be directly involved with the routine, right there in the moment with me, perhaps you will appreciate this. The routine is going to be released as soon as I feel it is perfected, along with several variations. To those of you who choose to watch, I sincerely hope you enjoy it. Comments are welcome, as long as they're not complaints about duration. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/N9IB9ReX_2M
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Enjoyed the trailer Ben.Very mind blowing effect indeed.
Looking forward to the release.
Todd
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2017, bowers wrote:
Enjoyed the trailer Ben.Very mind blowing effect indeed.
Looking forward to the release.
Todd

Thanks, Todd! There are multiple versions I'll teach on the download, so people can mix and match the features they like best from each version.

Ben
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Shooting a shorter, somewhat more compact version tomorrow. I'll post that too.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Philter" -- A new card mentalism effect from Ben Blau (coming soon) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL