The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snowstorm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

streetmagician_08
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of streetmagician_08
Hey,

I just purchased some snow storm tablets(India ones) although they aren't the best, I'm using them to practice with. I plan to perform snowstorm in front of the student body at my school. And I need some help, actually all the help you guys (and girls) can give me.
1) When you push the ***** through the casing do you push it all through at once?

2) How do you crumple the snow to get them all separated so you have a "big storm"? Do you have the back of your hand pointing toward the audience with the snow coming out of the side of your hand near your pinky?

3) Where can I get the very best snowstorm tablets? (preferably without shiny stuff, real snow doesn't have shiny stuff in it)

4) Describe your routine you do, and where you steal the tablets, and how many you use

5) any other helpful hint or tip, Would be ultimately appreciated.

-Thanks

Posted: Apr 10, 2004 5:38pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres is my routine outline:

Roll up sleeves show hands empty, walk back to stool and pick up paper tear off piece saok in water stand sideways and squeeze water out (stealing tablet from side) take paper and rention it into the hand with tablet use fan to produce snowstorm... then show both hands empty walk over turn on a big fan that is pointing toward the audience pointing upward show hands empty reach up to grab imaginary snow (visual misdirection while I steal 1 or 2 tablets haven't decided yet) pretend to place in hand with 2 tablets steal one so that 1 tablet are in each hand) step behind fan and produce massive snowsotrm over the heads of my audience while it showers down on them) Take a bow...and of coarse turn off big fan.lol. What do you think too much? Not enough? please review. Thanks

-Thayne
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Get your Snowstorm packets from:

David Cresey Products, 130 Union St, Everett, MA 02149

email: creskoils@aol.com

He makes the mouthcoils and throw streamers that are so popular.

The best presentation I seen is on the Mehdi talbi video. Hocus-Pocus Magic sells this.

The original was originally done with a chinese laundry ticket type of effect first. See the original write up in the book "Dai Vernon's Select Secrets" booklet or Lewis Ganson discribes it in "The Magic with Faucett Ross" a Supeme Magic publication.

You can hold your hand either way, in front of your chest or away to the side. It is discribed both ways.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Another source for snowstorm loads is:

http://www.mondo-magic.com/Merchant2/mer......owStorms

These are terrific loads for the Snowstorm Effect.

Sincerely,
David
streetmagician_08
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of streetmagician_08
Have you tried the godzilla storms? These look good for monster storms, does the mondo brand fan easily? Thanks. Does my routine sound good, or is there a better one? Thanks

Posted: Apr 10, 2004 10:43pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where can I buy an ideal fan for the trick?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Stevens Magic is has Dragon Fans on sale now at a discount. Grab 2 if you can before they are gone.
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
I think the best snow storms come from Japan. I have seen some in conventions. But I lost the contacts. They are the type most professional use. It produces tons of it and will float in the air for a longer time. But I remember that the price is quite expensive too. You may check it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snowstorm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL