The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Playing cards with readings on them. (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I was wondering whether there are any other playing cards out there, apart from the Gypsy Witch deck, with readings on each playing card. I am not really fond of the back design of the latter deck.

Thanks for any help.
Yours,

Ivan
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I've a 120 year old deck of playing cards with handwritten notes. You can do that yourself.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I thought of that actually. Thanks!
Yours,

Ivan
stephane.d
View Profile
New user
France
24 Posts

Profile of stephane.d
I use a Lenormand Deck.

You will find on each cards numbers, pictures, classic cards and meanings too.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Alchemy Moon's Kadar playing cards have some keywords on them.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
If you hunt around, you can find a copy of the Nile divination cards, but the Kadar cards are a more affordable alternative.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
I have a deck from my great grandmother with handwritten meanings and notes on them.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2017, stephane.d wrote:
I use a Lenormand Deck.

You will find on each cards numbers, pictures, classic cards and meanings too.

That deck looks beautiful.
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I am looking for something more commercial? It's for restaurant work.
Yours,

Ivan
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Bear in mind that the Lenormand pack has only 36 cards. (A "standard" fortune-telling pack has 32.)

A quick Google came up with these:
https://seaqueen.wordpress.com/2015/05/2......na-1991/

and these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrated-For......56131514

You could perhaps go in a different direction and use PsyCards or Crowley's Thoth Tarot. Both of these have one-word key meanings on each card.

Barry
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
Actually, one can order a fine "Deck of the B@stard" with keyword descriptors on them..
My deck has them, they are helpful, though sometimes at odds with "traditional" meanings.
A fine alternative
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I was wondering. Does the kadar deck come with any booklet or manual that goes through each card?
Yours,

Ivan
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
The Kadar Cards are a deck of Poker Cards with unique properties. They can be used effectively for traditional ‘fortune telling’ without any recourse to deception or traditional magical thinking. In a parallel universe they can be used by the magician to ensure an accurate reading by using standard magical thinking. In addition, the meanings given to the cards can be used to transform traditional card magic to give it more depth and meaning. So there are two ways to approach the Kadar Deck; two pathways you can take.

The Magician’s Path. This is aimed at the person who is interested in magical performance. Whether this is just performing casually for friends or professionally in walk around and stage magic; the emphasis here is on entertainment. The Magicians Introductory Book of Kadar. This book will look at the Kadar Reading System. We start by looking at the meaning of the cards and the deceptively simple manner for remembering them. This is followed by explaining the tools that you can use to glean information from the person you are reading. This is followed by a number of experiments, ideas and full routines which will give you a hands on experience of working with the Kadar Principle. Finally, we will look at how the system can be used to enhance traditional card magic; to inject meaning into your magic and create an emotional connection with your audience. You should be able to perform you first Kadar Effect pretty much out of the box, but with each routine you perform you will be taken deeper into the technique and soon you will be performing routines that will truly astonish your audience. The system can be used for just a bit of simple fun in a social context, or for the casual or professional magician.

The Reader’s Path. The Kadar Cards can be used for genuine readings. On the surface, the cards look innocent and playful, and that is the intention. However, they are built upon a lifelong study of the Western Tradition of Magick and are based upon principles that should be familiar to the working psychic. Although there are parallels with the Tarot, and particularly ‘gypsy fortune telling’ with cards, you will find that learning and memorising the system is almost effortless and intuitive. The cards can be used for quick-fire readings, or you can go into deeper one-to-one readings. The cards also fuse contemporary psychology into the mix and can be used for effective personal growth or as an aid to self-realisation for those you are working with. The cards are relentlessly optimistic; there are no Death and Devils cards for you to awkwardly explain away. The system is based on a sound philosophy. There is no such thing as negative energy; just blocks to the flow of positive energy. The Kadar system identifies these blocks and by doing so - removes them. Each reading ends with a positive affirmation to empower the sitter and a practical exercise to ensure future growth. The System is just as useful for individual exploration, casual reading and for the professional reader. This book will start with an introduction to the symbolism and sure-fire methods of easily committing it to memory. We will then look at a series of exercises, meaningful ‘games’ and ideas, ending with an explanation of a full reading. These books will introduce the system for whichever path you choose. At the end you will be confident in working with the Kadar Cards and will be able to use them fluidly, flexibly and to great effect. For advanced students, each pathway will have a further book available later in the year.

These books will go into exhaustive depth and take your work with the Cards to its ultimate level.

Readers will find it unsettling that magicians can use the decks for magical performances. Magicians will find it unsettling that there is something of a genuinely mystical undercurrent to the work. This is why the two paths are being kept separate. Each path leads to the same endpoint; understanding both paths will settle any doubts that you may have.
www.Magictao.co.uk
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi Ivan,

Check out the Alchemy Moon page on Gemini Artifacts: https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collections/alchemy-moon

Regards, Luc.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I have a set of the Kadar cards, but not the books (alas). I can vouch for the artwork and keywords, they are very nicely done and clear to the spectator.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Niva, if you want to purchase the Kadar line of items, do not get it from magictao - you'll never receive it. Instead, Vic at Gemini Artifact (Delimbeau provided the URL) will take good care of you. And, yes, the Kadar cards may just well be exactly what you are looking for, along with the books that greerj detailed. I have both - they are both substantial and full of enough information to keep you busy for years.

All the best,

David
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Hmmm...is there a direct link to just the books? Couldn't seem to find them.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2017, Rook wrote:
Hmmm...is there a direct link to just the books? Couldn't seem to find them.

on the "Kadar Poker: Pro Set" page use the drop down. both manuals are there.

s
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
The Deck of Shadows (Scott Grossberg) is an Oracle deck. There is also the Aboukra cards that you can by from Richard Webster. Both are nicely made and have readings on them.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2017, The Curator wrote:
I've a 120 year old deck of playing cards with handwritten notes. You can do that yourself.

That's what I did...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Playing cards with readings on them. (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL