The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A beginning in anagrams? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rob_magician
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Rob_magician
Thanks for helping Doug.

Thank you, Pablo, for sending me the ebook so quickly, I am just reading it now and I cannot wait to start learning the Zoo animal anagram.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Progressive anagrams typically go down a list of items with certain subsets within that list that you would go down. Branching anagrams tend to be more like a map with lines and paths going in multiple directions based on the answer to a question. Progressive anagrams are easier to memorize, but branching anagrams can often get you to the information with fewer questions.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2017, bowers wrote:
Ha Rob Atlas's material is gold for sure.
You want go wrong learning from him.
Todd

Thanks Todd, very kind of you to say so.

Best,

Atlas
Rob_magician
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Rob_magician
I will be getting the prodigal very soon on atlas, I'm looking forward to this t!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2017, Robb wrote:
I've never seen a mentalist use anagrams in a stage show (for a lay audience). Does anyone have a clip? I've never used them in such a context myself but do make use of them for more intimate performances. I am not sure who has the best advice for covering misses and otherwise disgusing the method, but spend an afternoon thinking about it and it's not that hard to come up with a few ideas.

I have no clip, but I can tell you that I use anagrams pretty often,
- as a part of a multipple book test routine
- as a part of a clipline routine

In both cases I get maximum one "no", and I can live with that

I have found it far more convincing to state rather than to ask,
i e "It is an "A" in the word!" rather than "Is it an "A" in the word?"
jacobsw
View Profile
New user
London
67 Posts

Profile of jacobsw
Robb, here's a clip of Atlas performing "As Advertised" from THE PRODIGAL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJZZimBY6nI
MrPoponi
View Profile
New user
Brazil
77 Posts

Profile of MrPoponi
I've had a lot of problems with that, until one day I developed my personalized "no error" system.(?!)
As the ddyment said, the biggest difficulty is the presentation. Be perfect and especially don't get the "puzzle" impression.
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
106 Posts

Profile of thomasP
Try using anagramm with other thing that letters, like the size of an object, can it be draw, etc...
Less choice but less puzzling.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2501 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
A rather radical idea with respect to PAs is the idea that you WANT to get a couple of early misses. Andy, from the The Jerx blog came up with the idea of "Transgressive Anagrams" which turns the normal process on its head, so to speak.

For those that have been using PAs for a long time, this whole concept may seem foreign, but I've tested this out quite a bit over the last year and it's now my preferred way to present these types of effects. From my way of thinking, it is a leap forward.

For those who are interested: http://www.thejerx.com/blog/2016/10/5/transgressive-anagrams
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A beginning in anagrams? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL