The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favourite mentalism effect with unprepared deck of cards? (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
This is Denim. Bear in mind that it’s a practice session.

https://youtu.be/LvBBMnQcwuM

100% impromptu. Any deck at any time.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4276 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Mr. Sudo,

And a loooong overdue: "I Thank You Also!" ("Skullcrusher")
(Sent 5 requests to Chris @ unleashyourdreams, he was to ask one of the magis. Nothing!)

Warmest regards,
Sixten Smile
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Trying to get my routine “Hydra” on film today.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2039 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
OOTW.

I like impromptu OOTW
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2039 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, paul180 wrote:

2 things and not to be critical but the perception had you be a magician not a mentalist. OK if that was what you were going for but devastating if not?

And I think the method was obvious. Of course that when looking through the eye of one such as us. Obviously stellar to the lay.

Not devastating at all: I was there to promote the preview run of my new show, Near Death Experience, which includes both mentalism and magic within a larger narrative. For these purposes, I was presented as a "psychological magician." His reaction was priceless, and the radio show (one of the top rated in Indianapolis) even posted this video to its Facebook page, where it quickly got several thousand views. So, mission accomplished.

(To say the method was obvious, however, could be seen as raising yourself up by putting down your brethren who've already admitted to not knowing how it's accomplished. Not to be critical, but you might want to consider how you're being perceived.)

I was impressed by the effect nd have no idea how you did it. Great job !!
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
107 Posts

Profile of thomasP
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2017, Rennie wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, paul180 wrote:

2 things and not to be critical but the perception had you be a magician not a mentalist. OK if that was what you were going for but devastating if not?

And I think the method was obvious. Of course that when looking through the eye of one such as us. Obviously stellar to the lay.

Not devastating at all: I was there to promote the preview run of my new show, Near Death Experience, which includes both mentalism and magic within a larger narrative. For these purposes, I was presented as a "psychological magician." His reaction was priceless, and the radio show (one of the top rated in Indianapolis) even posted this video to its Facebook page, where it quickly got several thousand views. So, mission accomplished.

(To say the method was obvious, however, could be seen as raising yourself up by putting down your brethren who've already admitted to not knowing how it's accomplished. Not to be critical, but you might want to consider how you're being perceived.)

I was impressed by the effect nd have no idea how you did it. Great job !!

I was impressed you try such a risky effect on live radio Smile Well done !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favourite mentalism effect with unprepared deck of cards? (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL