The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel illustration for Tippie Top and Double Cone & Plane Demonstration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi All: I've enjoyed watching on youtube the British gent under "Grand Illusions" who reviews various interesting toys, tops, spinners, science items, finger fidgets, moving gadgets, etc..

On page 30 of the latest August, 2017 Linking Ring magazine, there is a photo of Martin Lewis using one of these youtube reviewed cool gadgets at the recent IBM-SAM convention. Some of these same toys are sold through www.grand-illusions.com

Anyway, since I do Gospel magic every Sunday morning for the same kids, I am always looking for variety. This Sunday, I am doing vent with my figure "Chester" using a Christ Walking on the Water routine.

I recently acquired 25 wooden "Tippie Tops" or Flip Tops (sold by Maple Landmark) for eventually handing out to the kids. These are neat little tops that once you spin them, they almost magically upright themselves and start spinning on their middle stem. I also have a wooden "Double Cone & Plane Demonstration" where a wood cone appears to magically roll uphill. You can see these items demonstrated on youtube- there are many different sized versions of them. You can make your own Double Cone using two funnels glued together.

Rather than just show how this toy top works to the kids and then handing them out for them to play around with (which I am quite sure they will eagerly want to try out for themselves), I am racking my brain how to possibly involve a Gospel illustration for use with these tops being handed out and/or combining this with the showing of the simple yet perplexing "double cone and plane demonstration".

Maybe could be used as an illustration on how God controls all things, even all of science including physics? Includes the upcoming eclipse of the sun. And in addition to being all knowing about all of nature and physical science, He loves us individually more than we could ever imagine... I hope this little fun top is a reminder to us of that wonderful Truth.

I would appreciate any other ideas The Magic Café/FCMers may have on this as I would be the first to admit the above illustration idea maybe could be greatly expanded/improved upon. I really enjoy Gospel magic that ties directly into specific Bible verses or a Bible story, that is what I would prefer to do for sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel illustration for Tippie Top and Double Cone & Plane Demonstration (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL