We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TATTOO! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Trigger pulled, can't wait for it to arrive.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
I saw this performed LIVE last night at Magicopolis in Santa Monica. Way more impressive in person than on video, the helper and audience were absolutely amazed, as was I. This is a killer! Both funny and amazing!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
This should arrive this week. Super excited to get this. I love the effect! Steve Spill puts out real workers.
I do occasional parlour shows, which I think this would be great for, very topical theme and should remain so for quite some time. Tatts are now a part of popular mainstream culture virtually worldwide.

But I even think this could even work well for casual performances for friends and family, colleagues, etc. Seems so easy to get into, just say you're thinking of getting a tattoo and bring out the book, BAM-off you go. They'll be so far into it before even realizing there is a payoff that they'll never see it coming. Book looks to be fairly small and manageable size-wise.
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
TATTOO NEWS – Video of me doing this fun topical routine last sat night. I sold my last one today – but will have a few more back in stock August 31 – https://youtu.be/BARzZHyo9yk
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Hi Steve,

Brilliant...i'm so satisfied... it's such a great book test and like you said images make more sense...

I once saw this big guy standing in line at the grocery store next to me with a tattoo on his arm that said MOM ..when he dropped his arm I noticed it now said WOW...
this really happened...

your routine is worth every dollar,,,,between this routine and buying your book I find that your artistry and creativity has been a truly inspiring and educating experience for me ...
i could go on but ... this is my first immediate reaction to watching the tutorial and playing with the prop....

thank you!!

mark
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Mark - not sure if this was on one of the clips on the tutorial video or not, but when someone says wow during one of my routines - I have a prepared ad-lib that goes like this -
“I like wow - because wow backwards is wow - and wow upside down is mom - and mom upside down - was dad’s favorite thing.”
Mark also glad you like my book, for those who are unaware and would like to read it, here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/Lie-Money-Outrageo......32204924
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Can the book be left in the hands of the spectator outside of the routine? Or is it something that requires relatively careful audience management?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Jack Skipton
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
Oh man, I wish I was cashed up right now, I'd be all over this like a pit bull on a postman.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Hey Last Laugh,

I was playing with it last night and left my tat book overnight on the coffee table in the living room…

When I got up this morning my wife and her girlfriend were there having coffee. The friend was looking through the book and said to me, so this is yours? If you’re serious go with this one, she showed me the freaky tat with a ship sailing on a flood of a pretty girl’s tears…

I followed by saying let’s pick one at random… and I did my first tat performance. Have not done it in a show yet… But this was super-impressive in a non-show circumstance… and especially good because she examined the book for I don't know how long before I appeared on the scene.

mark
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
Can the book be left in the hands of the spectator outside of the routine? Or is it something that requires relatively careful audience management?

Not really sure what you mean by "outside of the routine"?
There is somehing involved so it can't really be thoroughly examined but it can be handled quite freely by the spec as seen in the demos. That is all it needs to be examined or handled, anything more would only unnecessarily raise suspicions about the book.

Very little audience management is required. In fact, I would say about zero management is required. An extremely tiny percentage of people (if they were drunk for instance) may do more than you ask them to do, because they can already do all that is required for them to do to achieve what you are asking of them. There is no reason for them to even want to do more because they can already handle it as freely as anyone would want or need to.

This is a real winner in my opinion.
412zad0n
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of 412zad0n
Definitely getting this one come Aug31.
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Great trick, mine arrived and I love it!!
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
236 Posts

Profile of Darby
This is great thinking Steve. Congratulations!
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Tattoos have become so mainstream that you can plunk down your Master card and buy a barbed-wire bicep-tattoo at the Henna Hut and get a valuable cash back bonus for your next purchase at Starbucks. I saw this performed live at Magicopolis so for me buying it is a no-brainer. I only wish I'd ordered earlier, can't wait for it to arrive, mine doesn't ship until aug 31.
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
I probably should have made this clear in my original post. This hardcover dust jacket book is personally illustrated, written, and gimmicked by me and produced on a small scale, just 20 units at a time. The first 20 sold out right away - 12 of the 20 available August 31 have already been sold, which leaves 8 remaining. At this point I have no idea if I’ll be able to devote the time and effort necessary into extending this offer any further, since my full time work for the last couple decades is putting butts in seats doing my show in my theater magicopolis.com - and it is routines like TATTOO! that have enabled me to do that..

The time is now if you need to build your reputation with an original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from my show to yours.

TATTOO! Watch the video. Still have 8 units available August 31 – and that might be it forever - complete with special hardcover dust jacket book, routine, script, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – paypal $199 to info@magicopolis.com CHECK IT OUT: https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2017, markmiller wrote:
Hey Last Laugh,

I was playing with it last night and left my tat book overnight on the coffee table in the living room…

When I got up this morning my wife and her girlfriend were there having coffee. The friend was looking through the book and said to me, so this is yours? If you’re serious go with this one, she showed me the freaky tat with a ship sailing on a flood of a pretty girl’s tears…

I followed by saying let’s pick one at random… and I did my first tat performance. Have not done it in a show yet… But this was super-impressive in a non-show circumstance… and especially good because she examined the book for I don't know how long before I appeared on the scene.

mark

That's very interesting and good to know, although I have to say that I am a little surprised that your wife's friend did not ask you anything about the you know what.
Have to think that perhaps you got a little lucky on that one because even though it does not look entirely out of place I would imagine that many people checking out the book for a long period of time may have a question about it just because they would be curious about it

But the great thing about this is that there is absolutely no force involved and you can get a genuinely different reveal each time. The method may not be new but it was totally new to me as I believe it will be to most, or at least have been long forgotten. Plus, describing some funny tattoo is so much more entertaining IMO that simply revealing a meaningless random word as in most book tests. I'd rather have a routine be entertaining AND amazing whenever possible.
For selfish reasons I hope Steve doesn't make any more of these after the current batch is gone.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Sideman I was more than lucky. The girlfriend is on the committee for a fundraising event and told them, more than a trickster, I have special mindreading powers and now I’m booked to do their charity gala!
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Sorry Sideman, spellcheck typo, not Sideman, VIDEOMAN
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Just got mine. It is great! I am overwhelmed!!
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Watching the videos, logically, it seems to me to make more sense to an audience to have someone focus on an image in a book to aid mentally transferring detailed visual information. True, if you could really read minds you might have someone think of any picture and not use the book – yet staring at a tattoo to clarify the image in one’s mind is plausible, but who needs a book to have a person focus their concentration on some single arbitrary word? I like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TATTOO! (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL