The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TATTOO! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - still accepting preorders for the next forty units that will be shipping September 25
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Shipping new TATTOO! orders starting Monday September 25 - order here while still available: http://magicopolis.com/magicians-only/
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
I keep getting the very same question over and over and over. THERE IS NO FORCE WITH TATTOO - SPECTATOR HAS A FREE CHOICE, CAN OPEN THE BOOK ANYWHERE AND FOCUS ON ANY TATTOO THEY DESIRE - A HUNDRED DIFFERENT POSSIBLE REVELATIONS
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4345 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, absolutely free choice of ANY page.
I think Tattoo is the most modern and all-around BEST book test type of effect that I am aware of.

Never cared for the standard book test premise, because why use a book at all simply to think of a word?
Plus, the reveal (aside from the mind-reading aspect) is often pretty boring and mundane.
But with Tattoo, the use of a book makes much more sense and the reveal can be so much more entertaining.

Using Tattoo is a fresh, contemporary approach that people can relate to.
Devious, foolproof method as well.
I thank Steve for sharing it with the community.
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Steve do you ever get spectators forgetting details of the name of the tattoo and elements of it?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2370 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
In the performance videos I've seen they have been looking at the tattoo the whole time, aren't they?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Noble - one thing I was told years ago. Pick someone whose wearing glasses. that way, if she needs them, she already has them on and doesn't need to fumble or say they're at home.
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Noble / Mark - Not sure if anyone forgets tattoo details, if they do it's never evident during the show. I suppose when you reveal details they don't remember they suddenly remember them. More often, when I'm revealing info I have to stop them from saying yes and revealing more details than I want. Often when I have a zombie tattoo, like last night, I'll start saying I'm getting the impression of a skeleton - and before I can stop them, the spectator says, no it's a zombie. I've had this routine go ten or twelve minutes. I get them saying yes to acknowledge I'm on the right track - often they'll say yes,yes,yes,yes and I'll take a pause and say "I was having a flashback..." and the audience screams with laughter - on those occasions when the revelation is complete the applause is deafening. Amazing how laughter can enhance drama - which is what mentalism is at its core.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
I assume the joke is "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes," as in a "flashback" about making love?
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Right mum, I've had so many great hilarious moments with this - had one guy tell me he had a hidden tattoo that says "OK" and when it gets excited it says "oklahoma!" I sometime tell audiences I have a tattoo that says 333 because I'm half evil. Comedy creates a mood that puts a positive emotion on mentalism that makes those enjoy watching it that otherwise might not. When the visceral and the intellectual collide the senses are assaulted, and like drama, eliciting laughs enhances mind reading’s impact and extends the experience beyond the “ta da!” of the revelation. Even though only a handful of these have been offered so far, most orders have gone to a who's who of mentalism and magic pros - everyone from Jeff McBride to Derren Brown, Keith Barry, Farrell Dylan, Mike Hammer, Kozak, Williamson, Spencer Horsman with lots of facebook endorsements from Kenton Knepper, Marc Salem, and on and on..

An original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from the Steve Spill Show to your show. This hardcover dust jacket book is personally illustrated, written, and gimmicked by me, Steve Spill, and produced on a small scale. NO FORCE, SPECTATOR HAS COMPLETELY FREE CHOICE OF ANY TATTOO IN THE BOOK. Complete with routine, script, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – paypal $199, foereign orders add $25 shipping to info@magicopolis.com

CHECK IT OUT: https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Tattoo is quite possibly the best magic investment I've made from a performing standpoint. Did it last night and the comments I got ranged from very surprising, thoughtful, intellectual, to unbelievable. The technique, the method, the subject matter, the special book, even the extra jokes in the later live performances on the training video, all mix to make this a masterpiece. I got the credit but wish to offer my thanks to you Steve Spill.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
448 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
I had the opportunity to look at my friend's book. I think the method existed before.
I thought about this method about 7 years ago.
It would be interesting to find out. Was this method published before?
Any links? if you are afraid of disclosing a secret - send it to me with a personal message.
Thank you!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2017, mumford wrote:
Watching the videos, logically, it seems to me to make more sense to an audience to have someone focus on an image in a book to aid mentally transferring detailed visual information.

From the videos, I got the impression they were just reading descriptions and not looking at actual images.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
Interesting. Kinda looks like it might use something along the lines of Carlyle's Working Mentalist Dictionary. Obviously more hidden, but handling looks the same.

That was my thought as well.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
448 Posts

I think that the search for such material in the open part of the forum can lead to the disclosure of the secret.
Since I'm sure that it was published before. Just appreciate the work of Steve!
This is a very strong effect. I would like to buy this.
But I came up with my book test.
I believe that this is a new word in book tests, before Steve, no magician thought about that - to describe the picture, instead of words.

I opened the topic in the banquet hall.
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=652208
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
448 Posts

3,419 views!!!
This suggests that many are interested in obtaining this (book) or are simply waiting for references and ideas for disclosing the method. Smile
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I own this and can tell you that each and every page and image is specially designed and essential to the method, plus all the tattoos have multiple cool details to reveal. The method doesn't matter unless you plan on drawing and designing every single page of your own book and publishing it hardcover with a dust jacket. This isn't some store bought book that's customized, it is built from the ground up. Personally, to me this is a killer. I recommended this to a friend and Spill answered he is backordered for a couple months but I saw its now at
www.penguinmagic.com/p/9143
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
29 Posts

Profile of Armando Cheung
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2017, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2017, mumford wrote:
Watching the videos, logically, it seems to me to make more sense to an audience to have someone focus on an image in a book to aid mentally transferring detailed visual information.

From the videos, I got the impression they were just reading descriptions and not looking at actual images.

Hi everyone
I would love to get one.
I just wonder if there are language considerations. For instance, the participant has to read words, not only image.
Please ignore it if it leads to any secret exposures.
Thank you guys!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TATTOO! (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL