The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Right On The Money: JJ's "Coin Thru Bill" (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I really believe you'll be happy with the larger coin, hat. Smile

A quarter really is quite small nowadays, and perhaps even more difficult to craft effectively for this effect.

This larger coin is very well made by John, it looks good and feels good to handle. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I like the way this looks...even though I know what it is, I've never seen this gimmick in this configuration...ordered.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Euro version?

Darko
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya dj... Smile

I don't think John has endeavored into foreign coins just yet as to this, but of course you can always check directly with him as to any such special orders. Smile As has been said here by others, John is a wonderful person to deal with . Smile

www.jjmagiccoins.com/
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Byoungmagic
View Profile
New user
Illinois
15 Posts

Profile of Byoungmagic
I recently received my "coin through bill" by John Jurney.
I can't wait to break it out on my audiences!
not only is this new gaff not only original, but made to last a lifetime!
Another great effect by John Jurney!
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
I saw John perform this 2 feet from my fact at Magic Live! and it looked fantastic!

This 'perpendicular' version of the coin through bill blows away the flat (single plane) versions out there!

The gimmick is well made. His other products were also well made but only a fraction of the price of other manufacturers.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
John Jurney certainly is a great craftsman and his price point is great. I especially love that he puts in the work routine-wise instead of just putting out a product for you to figure out what works in the real world or not. I love my Ike set and am saving up to buy this item also. The trailer looks great but it also has the plus of having "magicians" who know what to look for, giving it strong comments after seeing it done live and up close by John. I met him at Magi-fest 2016 and can say he is as great a guy as he is a craftsman.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2017, Byoungmagic wrote:
I recently received my "coin through bill" by John Jurney.
I can't wait to break it out on my audiences!
not only is this new gaff not only original, but made to last a lifetime!
Another great effect by John Jurney!

I haven't received mine yet. Does it also come with an un-gimmicked coin as well?

KJ
Byoungmagic
View Profile
New user
Illinois
15 Posts

Profile of Byoungmagic
Yes it does!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks. Coincidentally, I just got a few minutes ago. I was so impressed with my last JJ Jurney purchase that I decided to go ahead and buy two this time. I am so impressed with the quality!

I'm really looking forward to working with them.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Where is the best place to get a few more of the same un-gimmicked replica coins? Amazon only sells them one at a time, and I'd like to get 4-5.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Sent you a PM, 1KJ.
Byoungmagic
View Profile
New user
Illinois
15 Posts

Profile of Byoungmagic
You could get duplicate coins by emailing John at this address :
jjmagiccoins@comcast.net
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, that's about the best way to get the best matching coins, just go right back to the horse's mouth...I'm sure John would be so helpful. Smile

And so happy to see all the many good views & words about this NEW product from John. And I wholeheartedly agree that this is one heckuva jawdropper! Smile

https://vimeo.com/228864539

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2017, Byoungmagic wrote:
You could get duplicate coins by emailing John at this address :
jjmagiccoins@comcast.net

Good advice. I sent him an email.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
JJ was very kind to send me some additional un-gimmicked coins at a very reasonable price since I had already ordered the effect.

KJ
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
I had the pleasure of seeing John do this several times at Magic Live and it looks even better in person than it does in the above video. It truly looks like magic. Heck after seeing it I would agree with him that magic is real! His craftsmanship of course is as always first class. A wonderful, fun and extremely visual piece of magic you'll have as much fun performing as your spectators will have watching it. Highly recommended!!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2017, Tom Dobrowolski wrote:
I had the pleasure of seeing John do this several times at Magic Live and it looks even better in person than it does in the above video. It truly looks like magic. Heck after seeing it I would agree with him that magic is real! His craftsmanship of course is as always first class. A wonderful, fun and extremely visual piece of magic you'll have as much fun performing as your spectators will have watching it. Highly recommended!!

Good to know. I have done this several times now and the reactions are great! I have done this with a bill and also with just a piece of paper. It is more difficult to do with regular paper as the gimmick tends to want to stick. Just a slightly different technique in handling the gimmick and it works with any paper. I really like to pretend like I'm tearing the bill and then at the end, hold the bill so my pointer finger and thumb are hiding the "tear". Then, when I hand them the bill to examine, the tension has built a bit.

KJ
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Got mine in todays mail. Love it. Posted a short but in depth review:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
He certainly has another winner on his hands.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Right On The Money: JJ's "Coin Thru Bill" (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL