The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a book test (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
I have began a search for a book test. My only requirement for this test so far is the books it uses. The books I want to use can be considered essential reading for self help and business. So I am seeking a test that includes books such Think and Grow Rich and the others like this. Is there a test out there that includes those books? Is using a Hoy method the only current solution?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
There's a book test that uses a colored pencil that can be used with any book. The exact name escapes me at the moment.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Honestly, you might want to look at the magazine test in Mark Wilson's CCIM. Simple, not hard, as cheap as the books you want to use. And totally examinable afterward.

Patrick
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Steve Valentine's Booked will do the job.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Alain Nu has Word Work 1 and 2, both of which allow you to use whatever books you want and both have very different methodologies. They are both excellent.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's "Better Book Test" in The Wizards' Journal #6, shows how to use any books and even give the spectator a choice of several different books from which to select a word or even a sentence or paragraph.
S. Lea
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of S. Lea
The Coolest Book Test Ever by Nathan Kranzo seems like something you could use.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Meir Yedid if I am not mistaken some years back put out a version of his wow book test using self help books. There have been several versions of this test from him over the years and it may be a place to start your hunt. The wow book test will come with two books and it does not matter which is chosen. Just do not buy a set without dust jackets Like the one on ebay about 2 years ago. Still wonder what that seller was thinking.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

I love Steve Valentine's 'Booked'. Highly recommended.
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
I kind of like To Lovecraft by The Jack. Saw it at MINDVention 2016. It was strong and you give the book away after you're done.
mentalism addict
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mentalism addict
On colin mcleods dvd opening minds theres a great one I use once in a while
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
Marc Paul's would do the trick too.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
The important point in a book test is that a random word is being selected from the possibility of many words. The best possible way to present this would be to have many books to choose from or one book that someone happens to have on them. I wonder why it's important to you that it be a particular book.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2017, minty wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

I love Steve Valentine's 'Booked'. Highly recommended.

Another vote for Booked. I also use my own Poor Man's Book Test from my book Inspired which allows me to use any book.
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
Thank you all for the suggestions. Very helpful. I have chosen for now to just use a simple method. I was asked why those specific books. I have an idea for a corporate presentation with those books and lead in material for corporate training work is all.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
I pretty much second the ones mentioned so far. Methods that works with any book should work with the books you're going for. If you want to go for a customized hands off book test, I would suggest you check Docc's lecture, there's a great idea there.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a book test (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL