The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New York busking? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...
Anyone doing street work in NYC? Or know of anyone who is? Where? I haven't seen anybody around for a while (obviously weather is an issue), but what about in subway stations and indoor locations? Anyone ever do or know of someone who does an indoor show (like the musicians in subway stations; what about a magic show in a station or Penn Station)?

Joe N.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Joe,
I'm going to be in New Jersey in August and I'm going to try to get up to NY for at least one weekend to busk and said I did it in the Big Apple. I got digs in the Villiage near NYU.
I was watching the movie "Addicted to Love" and saw a street performer working Washington Square Park, but it was only a movie. Guess the guy probably doesn't really work there. He was working in the Charlie Barnet circle just south of the arch. He had a monkey that jumped up on people.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Let us know when you're gonna be in NYC!

Joe N
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Joe, I certainly will! I'm also going to try to get up to Boston to hang out with those Bean town bozos.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Yosef; I've just arrived in NYC a week ago, so I don't know much. Washington Square has a number of carny acts in the fountain area which draw huge crowds. There is busking on the street; you may be told to move along. I played 42nd and Broadway when I arrived; two fair shows and the man was cool, then special Times square cops ran me off. I think you need a permit to play the parks, and it costs $25 a month. Also, the permit people are supposed to be pretty careless: losing your money and leaving you flat. That's what I heard from performers.net. The situation in NYC is protean and now seems to be an OK time. Smile
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New York busking? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL