The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wanted: Mentalism Mastermind Group (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10135 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Expensive? I wasn't aware there was a fee.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4462 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I don't have anything flattering to say about the PEA as a group either (although I'm sure that certain individual members are quite lovely people).

After I was blackballed from joining, I went ahead and formed my own local group called the Lunatic Fringe. It met the night of every new moon, rotating through the houses/apartments of its "members," which consisted of the best and most creative minds in the Seattle area. After a few years, it finally ran out of momentum and was allowed to die its inevitable death.

Ultimately, its purpose was not to necessarily share ideas, but simply to serve as a social salon where folks with a particular common interest could chat about anything they wished. Since most of us got into magic/mentalism because we were social loners as kids, it was nice to have a "club" where we could find and talk with others of our own kind.

Personally, I think the idea of a group that meets on an occasional basis via Skype (or similar service) would be beneficial for many folks. However, there is something about meeting in person, with food and beverage available, that would be preferred (at least for this old-timer).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10135 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Sounds more social than serious or professional. Interesting about the PEA.
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
253 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2017, ElliottB wrote:
Has this been cancelled? Was looking forward to bouncing some ideas.

No, I was just waiting for this weekend to contact everyone (still the "weekend" here in AK due to the holiday).
You should have a PM in minutes.

- - -

Someone mentioned MGBT - awesome place, if a little echoey.

Jay
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
253 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
In my original message I just assumed people were familiar with the concept of mastermind groups. Oops. Smile

Thanks to Stunninger for posting the Napolean Hill definition. And here's a short article that touches on some of the benefits of such a group:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chicceo/201......115b5deb

Local groups are better (in general) than remote, but sometimes remote is all you have...

Jay
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Sorry I could not make the inaugural meeting.

A very important family matter came up.

I hope the meeting was a smashing success, and look forward to participating in the future.

Elliott
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
253 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
The first meeting went well, but we have room for 1 or 2 more at this time (because when people have conflicts and can't make it, it still leaves enough for a small group). We've settled on a time of Sunday at 5PM Eastern for now. PM me if you're interested.

And if you're in Europe and would like to do a similar group that's at a better time for you, PM me -- there are 1 or 2 others who are interested, but not at our "US-centric" time. Smile

Jay
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
I'd like to take part in our helping one another. Perhaps we could be the new Arizona 6 1/2 only in Alaska.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Great meeting guys!

Patrick really hit the ball out of the park with his masterful demonstration.

Elliott
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
To the members of the Mastermind Group, please excuse my absence from the first meeting of which, I was to be a part. I unfortunately misunderstood, my inclusion and therefore wasn't prepared to join on Sunday. I will in fact clear all prior commitments and or responsibilities, to be a part of next week and future weeks meetings. I don't facebook and don't use a webcam but hopefully our conversations will suffice. Thank you for allowing me admittance into the group and I honestly hope, my contributions will be a welcome addition to the brain trust.

Paul
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3925 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2017, IAIN wrote:
Why don't you sign up to David thiel's thing? Mind gems or something? It's not free but at least you'll be learning from experienced people...

Thanks, Iain. I keep waiting for you to turn up there one day. Smile We'd love to have you.

We designed MGBT (Mind Gems Brain Trust) to be a resource for mentalists of all experience levels to come and share information. There is the option to line up a mentor session with any of our Faculty -- which includes Richard Osterlind, Marc Salem, TC Tahoe, Atlas Brookings, Jheff and more. This puts expert eyes on whatever you need help with from designing routines or shows to marketing to...? These sessions are booked on Skype and can run anywhere from $75 to $250 each -- depending on which coach you choose.

Most of our members simply go to our Forum -- which is a great place to kick around ideas and share concepts, get feedback on ideas or projects in progress, etc. The Faculty shows up there often to post as well. There is a Members Only Resources page, Members Only discounts and more. The fee for everything -- except the mentor sessions -- has been $10 per member for the ENTIRE first year. The site isn't about making money (obviously)...it's about creating a positive place for mentalists to share ideas and help each other.

There's also a discount on "Mind Gems" -- our flagship eBook with contributions from every member of our Faculty. Jheff at Marketplace of the Mind named it one of the best releases in all of mentalism for 2016.

There's an application process. We are not about adding numbers...but are always looking for people who are serious about mentalism.

We celebrate our first anniversary on Halloween and will mark it with a complete re-design that is already in the works.

So thank you for the mention. I felt it was a good idea to let people know what we are all about.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Café.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wanted: Mentalism Mastermind Group (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL