The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best over all wallet out there? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
To the original question posed...I'm no wallet expert but have had my share of gimmicked wallets over the years. To narrow this down, I see 5 basic gimmicks available in a wallet
. - Switching - i.e. Shogun
. - No-Palm card to wallet - i.e. Mullica
. - Palm card to wallet - i.e. Kaps
. - Peek - i.e. SUC, Espionage
. - Index
What am I missing?

I know of 2 variation of Switching: Shogun and Pimpernell, several variations for Palm and No-Palm, and I understand there are (maybe) a dozen or more variations for Peeks.

There is no "one size fits all," because the (1) the more features, the bulkier the wallet and (2) its not just about the feature (i.e. palm) its the configuration of that feature (i.e. slide, no-slide, Speed Loader, etc.)

For now, I carry the Alakazam Infinity wallet. Features include: Shogun, Palm C2W, Peek, and index. It does not have a no-palm gimmick and I don't use the peek features. It's bulky, but it suites me. I've shown it to other magicians and it doesn't suit them.

I agree wholeheartedly with Leo's initial comment... I believe the wallet should support the routines, not the other way around. With very rate exception... its better to find the gimmick that supports a routine and not force a routine around a gimmick.

My perspective is you first need to determine what routines you want to perform and thus what features your need. And then you need some parameters for the "type" such as jacket size vs hip pocket size vs business card size, thickness, cosmetics (i.e. zippered, styling), and specific wants (i.e. card in envelope in wallet).
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I would add palm loading with out use of a slide ie the excellent JOL range and some of Tony's excellent new wallets.
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Hi guys, well I’m one pi**ed off camper right now! I was mugged last night while heading home from my local pub after a couple of beers. The bast**ds stole my beloved new stealth assassin wallet which was less than two weeks old! I’d only just retired my last one after 10+ years of loyal service as it was looking pretty tired. I’ve cancelled all my bank cards and fortunately the only cash that was in there was £35 which I had for performing the Cash Caberet routine. I’ve also lost My Will to Read envelope and a couple of other effects I used to carry around along with two hand written aged letters that I used to use when performing Heirloom Emily’s Revenge but was planning to use as part of a Redux version in my new SAW. I also need to contact the DVLA for a replacement licence, I suppose it could have been worse but it has really annoyed and upset me! I was so excited about getting my new wallet and when if finally arrived I was like a child at Christmas transferring my stuff across to the shiny new one so that I was ready to perform. I bet the idiots that nicked it will have no doubt chucked it after taking the cash. Anyway I thought I would share this not so good news with my magical friends : (
DavidJComedy
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
79 Posts

Profile of DavidJComedy
Cytoplasm, that is awful! Sorry for the rough luck!

On the topic of wallets, I am familiar with the Mullica wallet, own a real man's wallet, but prefer the Espionage which I purchased for the ease of loading for both the palm/no palm CTW. It also offers so many other features that have been discussed here. It is a bit thicker, but a great Swiss army of wallets.
David
davidjcomedy.com
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Hi there Scott great post can you please help me with regards to the infinity wallet, is this the same as the hairloom delux in the way of outs. I know the delux has 16 outs and the infinity 8 I think, but what I would like to know is can you shoW the infinity bill compartment empty like the hailoom after taking the prodition out,
Many thanks if you can help best regards

If anyone can help I would be greatfull, just want to know if the infinty wallet has the same workings as the hailoom I.E the bill compartment, can you show this empty like the hairloom, after taking out a enovlope prodiction from one of the outs does anyone have both wallets and are they both the same size or is one wallet bigger than the other.

Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I don't have an Heriloom... don't know its features. I understand it was designed specifically for the Heriloom effect, so I would assume it has less versatility than the Infinity, but may be more deceptive the the Heirloom handling.
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2018, Scott Horn wrote:
I don't have an Heriloom... don't know its features. I understand it was designed specifically for the Heriloom effect, so I would assume it has less versatility than the Infinity, but may be more deceptive the the Heirloom handling.

Many thanks scott for your reply, Can the infinity be used both ways bottom and top like the hairloom ?

Cytoplasm, so Sorry to here this its very good you are ok that's the main thing you will get another wallet hopfully soon I see your from england like me as you say DVLA best regards

I have been posting in quite a few places for some one to help me if they have ever had a infinity wallet, what I would like to know is this ?

1) Can the infinity wallet be used both ways open at the top and bottom of wallet like the Predator & Heirloom or deluxe

2) Can the bill section Infinity be shown Empty after taking out the prediction i.e playing card or small envelope

3) Is the size of both wallets the same please could you post measurements in inch for width and length.

I hope some one out there can finally help and give me these answers so I then can decide what wallet to buy for outs and some magic

Best regards London-N8
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
LondonN8, if you live in London, why not go to the west end, and visit the famous magic stores there, as well a Piccadilly area. There you may get all your questions answered. I think there are more magic stores in the U.K. then in the whole world. You missed Blackpool convention, this year, you could have been able to see all the wallets on the market.

Looks like you have done a lot of research so far, why not finish with actually seeing them in person.

I have to say, every manufacturer thinks his wallet is the best. Every person that has purchased a wallet, thinks his is the best. Usually, it winds up being the 1st wallet you buy is the best and your favorite. Most likely because it is the one they have worked the most with and grew an attachment to over time.

Just my thoughts on all your questions.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2018, LondonN8 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2018, Scott Horn wrote:

Many thanks scott for your reply, Can the infinity be used both ways bottom and top like the hairloom ?

Cytoplasm, so Sorry to here this its very good you are ok that's the main thing you will get another wallet hopfully soon I see your from england like me as you say DVLA best regards

I have been posting in quite a few places for some one to help me if they have ever had a infinity wallet, what I would like to know is this ?

1) Can the infinity wallet be used both ways open at the top and bottom of wallet like the Predator & Heirloom or deluxe

2) Can the bill section Infinity be shown Empty after taking out the prediction i.e playing card or small envelope

3) Is the size of both wallets the same please could you post measurements in inch for width and length.

I hope some one out there can finally help and give me these answers so I then can decide what wallet to buy for outs and some magic

Best regards London-N8

Ditto here, just ordered Heirloom Deluxe Emily's Revenge, but holding off on wallet purchase. I second Scott's questions above re Infinity vs Heirloom wallet. And I am now resident in Idaho, nowhere near any "brick and mortar" stores to compare and since moving from Phoenix 2 years ago no longer have a cadre of magic buddies who might own and show me these wallets.
Appreciate any opinions based on experience...thanks!
Bill ("Doc Ben")
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
I've just ordered The Rebel Wallet as a CTW. I've used the JOL large Plus and Harry Robson's HOW wallet to date. I also use the SAW or Hideout Wallet for peeks. The rest of the wallets I own (many) sit in a drawer unused.
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
Heirloom contains 16 in***es

I love the espionage a lot as wellw
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Some clarity on the "Heirloom" wallet. It does have an amazing amount of in****s. It has a feature that allows you to flash it empty to the spectator. It can VERY easily be used to switch one card to the other and have the spectator remove the card after the switch. (pm if you need specifics) It is great for Kolossal Killer and Heirloom and you could actually carry BOTH at the same time in this wallet thanks to the unique set up and STILL have a switch card available. The embossed trademark makes it easy to orient the wallet quickly and invisibly to produce the desired effect with NO chance of error. The wallet is deceptively flat looking, even when pretty well loaded.
The leather of this wallet is very good quality and although the wallet is a little large, unless you sit it on a table beside a "regular" sized wallet, the size is not a tip to the spectator. I have never had anyone comment on the size or become suspicious about it.
This is NOT capable of "Card to Wallet" except if you are capable of "card to anywhere" techniques. It does not have a peek function.
Like most here, I own far more wallets than I really need. I routinely carry two. One in each back pocket. One is a "card to wallet" where the spectator removes the card from a zipper compartment in the wallet. This one also has my license and credit cards etc... The other I carry is the Heirloom Deluxe and I put a couple of credit cards in it just to add some credibility but it is not my "real" wallet.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Just to add a little fire. Here is a dual load kaps and Mullica that some of you may find interesting... Watch closely... https://youtu.be/OIDvJRdNw7o

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best over all wallet out there? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL