The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Halph by PH OTHEROOF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acortest
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of acortest
I got an email from MagicStream.com (not sure how I got on their email list), but at first I thought this was a Paul Harris release based on the PH in the title. So this guy's last name is 'ONTHEROOF'?

Anyway, if anyone buys this download, please post your review of the effect here. Looks either TGTBT or extremely difficult. I'm not really looking for either of those scenarios. However, if it just takes some intermediate finger flicking, I might give it a try. The trailer starts off by saying 'Can You Spot The Gimmick', but down in the comments on the page, someone said "Pure new concept on gimmickless, visual magic"

BTW, the website is apparently a digital streaming service provider kind of like subscribing to ReelMagic. This 1 trick download is $9.00 or for $12.99, you can have 1 month of their service and watch any of their tricks online (at least that's the way I understood their advertisement on the website).

Has anyone ever purchased downloads or subscribed to their site? If so, please chime in.

Thanks! ~Tony
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4693 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You are on their list if you ever got on Ellusionist's list. This is a recent project of theirs with very mixed reviews (leaning to the bad of course). A handful of Café members subscribed and gave their thoughts on material and/or lack of at the time. Here is a link to a six page thread if you wish to trudge thru it.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

here is the link to the trailer for this particular effect being discussed in this thread.
https://magicstream.com/programs/halph-by-ph?autoplay=true
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2324 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
PHONTHEROOF is his Instagram handle, I believe. You are not the first person to express confusion about the similarity.

Halph is a workable method, no gimmicks, and not super hard. There are definitely angles to manage. Many are quick to say that all of his material is only suitable for video, but I disagree. It's just often angle-y because video is frequently his medium of choice. The methods are workable in the real world, though, and Halph is no exception there.

MagicStream is a streaming service. $12.99 per month and you are given access to over 150 videos to stream as much as you like. Most customers we hear from directly are very happy with it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
samllevy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of samllevy
He actually gave himself this name to show how much respect he has for Paul Harris.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Halph by PH OTHEROOF (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL