The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » IceBreaker by Francis Girola (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Bonjour everyone,

Just a quick message to let you know about my very first mentalism effect called 'IceBreaker', currently available at MindFX: https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/ice-br......s-girola

BLURB:
Become an instant expert in lie detection and reveal personal pieces of
information about your spectators.

IceBreaker is based on a classic get-to-know-you activity: players tell two lies
and one truth about themselves. The object of the game is to determine which
statement is correct.

The effect is comprised of 88 poker-size cards with different sentences on the face.

For example:

"I have been to New York", "I have a tribal tattoo", "I don't like maths", "I can play
guitar", "I am a Libra", "My favourite colour is blue"...

During performance, your spectators are asked to select a card relating to a
personal fact that is true for them. They then read out their selection amongst a
list of other cards in the pack, in any order they wish.
You instantly know their true statement!

No stacks
No marks
No force
No memorization

A simple yet undetectable method allowing you to perform the effect in seconds

Suitable for close-up & stage

IceBreaker comes along with a PDF manual comprising several ideas for routines
and presentations catering to all styles of mentalism.

"Psychological" mind readers may use IceBreaker to showcase their talent in
body language or voice intonation analysis.

Yet, those cards can also enable you to reveal some star signs, favourite colours
as well as more precise pieces of personal information useful for readings.

Finally, IceBreaker has been specifically designed to ensure that its principle is
universal. In other words, literally everyone will find a statement that connects
with them, no matter what.

This is due to the great variety of sentences comprised in the pack as well as a
failsafe principle allowing you to perform the effect with up to 6 spectators at
once without any problem whatsoever.

Get IceBreaker now and add this stunning piece of mentalism to your repertoire
right away!

TESTIMONIALS:
"The principle is super clever!" - Peter Turner

"IceBreaker is fantastic! The principle is ingenious, the artwork is gorgeous and the
cards handle like a dream. IceBreaker went straight into my walk-around mentalism set. Highly recommended." - Mark Elsdon

"Amazing!" - Colin McLeod

"I'm having a lot of fun thinking about how I might slip this into my act! : - )" - John Archer

"With IceBreaker, Francis has created an absolute killer! Not only is this a hugely
entertaining piece of mentalism but it is also incredibly deceptive yet easy to perform. Great job Francis!" - Roddy McGhie

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Some of you may know that this effect was previously distributed through Thought Illusions. Since then, the cards have been slightly redesigned and improved. Notably the list on the back, the font of which has been increased to enable your volunteers to read the statements without any difficulty and even in poor lighting conditions. In addition, the cards are now sold in full sets of 88 cards for only £37.99 instead of 70 Euros previously.

Hope you like it! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

All The Best,
Francis
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
This looks absolutely amazing and it's definitely something I see myself doing as a fan of this sort of ideas.

I like the fact that it can be performed for several spectators too.

Congratulations on this release Francis, I'm sure it will be a success!

Andreu
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
This looks interesting! Anyone out there still using the original version mentioned? Thoughts?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
SOLD OUT.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, John C wrote:
SOLD OUT.

Well that must be a good thing? Some of the UK dealer have stock Smile
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
I've just put my pre-order in, so will share my thoughts once I have done a pilot run Smile
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, John C wrote:
SOLD OUT.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the effect.

The very first run of IceBreaker distributed by Michael Murray at Mind FX is indeed sold out! I'm really pleased by the attention the effect has been getting as well as all the positive reviews!

If you've missed out on the first run, do not panic as there are more in the pipeline!

IceBreaker is currently available for pre-order at Magicbox: http://www.magicbox.uk.com/magic-tricks/......ola.html

It should also be available in the US very soon, I will keep you posted about the details in due time. ; )
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, Juno-How wrote:
I've just put my pre-order in, so will share my thoughts once I have done a pilot run Smile

Please feel free to leave an honest review about the effect once you have received it. In addition, I invite you (as well as all IceBreaker owners) to join our Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114772202542022/

It is a great place to share new ideas for presentations and routines.
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Will do Francis. From what I have seen I don't think I am going to be disappointed Smile
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
After quickly selling out when it was opened for pre-order last month, IceBreaker is now back in stock at MindFX:

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new......s-girola

Grab your copy now while stock lasts! ; - )
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Since you are new and out of pure curiosity, what are your credentials and performing background?
John
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Any reviews for this thus far?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3755 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This is very nice. The cards are very well made and completely consistent with the kind of training aid/game they claim to be. The method is very deceptive. I'm very happy with it.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
NRmind
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of NRmind
Great set. Can be a little hard to read for the participants, but that is the only negative. Clever method, impossible for other to figure out.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So Francis sent me these, but I could not use them as is, since I am in Mexico, and though most people speak English here, I wanted to be able to the effect in Spanish.

At first glance, I thought that translation would be a hassle, but I was able to accurately translate, and even make some of the cards on my own with my own phrases.

Once you learn the method, you will be able to do this. Negative is the cards provided do look really nice, so I am making mine up on blank card stock, so I can always be out and do something different.

This effect is great in that you can concentrate on your presentation, even throw in cold reads, here and there, and you can make it more about the spectator.

Surprised there hasnt been more buzz about this, the method will fly by everyone, and happy to report back once I make up the cards in Spanish.

All in all, a good release, and great effect, undetectable method

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of Amrit
I've not had the chance to perform this but this arrived today and I was VERY impressed and so very pleased with this purchase. It is very easy to learn and so you can focus entirely on presentation and ideas for how you want to perform this. I will be out on the weekend using this and will provide feedback if I can afterwards but I would highly recommend this purchase to anyone because you will not be disappointed.
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Great work Francis! The cards are excellent quality and the method is super simple, but pretty much impossible to detect.. I spent ages looking at the cards trying to work it out Smile This product lives up to it's name -it's the perfect icebreaker and involves a group of people off the bat which I love. I will be using this as my opener for the foreseeable. I explain to the spectators that reading someones mind requires a whole host of skills, including the ability to analyse speech patterns and pickup on body language. I then say I have a little game we can play to demonstrate what I mean - and we're off!
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2017, Juno-How wrote:

. I explain to the spectators that reading someones mind requires a whole host of skills, including the ability to analyse speech patterns and pickup on body language. I then say I have a little game we can play to demonstrate what I mean - and we're off!

I don't get the logic of this statement. Reading someone's mind is different from picking up body language tells. Unless you mean "the appearance of mindreading"
Are you a mind reader or a psychological mentalist?

Woodfield
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Woodfield wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2017, Juno-How wrote:

. I explain to the spectators that reading someones mind requires a whole host of skills, including the ability to analyse speech patterns and pickup on body language. I then say I have a little game we can play to demonstrate what I mean - and we're off!

I don't get the logic of this statement. Reading someone's mind is different from picking up body language tells. Unless you mean "the appearance of mindreading"
Are you a mind reader or a psychological mentalist?

Woodfield

Hmm, interesting. I have seen a number of professional mentalists suggest that being able to read ones mind is an amalgamation of skills and techniques mixed with naturally ability. Interested to hear how you present/position the effect?
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Thanks guys for your positive feedback about IceBreaker! Glad you all enjoy what you have received and I hope you have a lot of fun performing the effect! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » IceBreaker by Francis Girola (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL