The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » IceBreaker by Francis Girola (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, jstreiff wrote:
Since you are new and out of pure curiosity, what are your credentials and performing background?

Hello John,

I am indeed rather new in the magic & mentalism world. My initial background is in education as I first arrived in Scotland over 8 years ago to work as a French language assistant in primary and secondary schools. This is also when I first discovered this craft.

Since then, my career path has totally changed. I have now been working as a part-time mind reader over the past couple of years, primarily in parlour or cabaret shows (I'm also a musician the rest of the time as well as a trained hypnotherapist).

3 years ago, a group of fellow mind readers and I decided to create a club called B.A.M.S. (Bizarrists And Mentalists of Scotland). It is a monthly gathering that enables us to share and brainstorm some ideas. Most of my effects have come out of those sessions in between performances in the "real" world. IceBreaker is the very first one that I am bringing out for the community and it won't be the last, as I've currently got other things under wraps at the moment.

So, as a conclusion, the message I am trying to convey is that I am certainly not the next messiah of mentalism. However, the effects and routines that I am bringing out are all part of my personal repertoire. Therefore, I can attest that they have been performed many times and, when I develop a product, I strive to ensure the best possible quality. If you like the trailer, what you see is what you get.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity! Smile

F.
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
TO ALL AMERICAN MENTALISTS OUT THERE:

IceBreaker now available in the US at Murphy's Magic!

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=60742

Grab yours now while you can! Smile
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
IceBreaker now also available in the US through Penguin Magic!

====> http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23848

It's currently at a 25% discount, so get yours now while the special offer lasts! Smile
Thomsc
View Profile
New user
London
19 Posts

Profile of Thomsc
Quick review:

I've had a lot of fun with John Morton's Baby Book over the last year and IceBreaker is going to be even more fun. Obviously both use an ingenious idea from Steven Young, and they use it brilliantly!

Looking for a simple lie detector style routine that you can use one to one, with multiple participants in a group or even on stage? IceBreaker is a VERY simple principle that will make you look like a human polygraph.

The really well designed cards look like the kind of game you might buy for some fun with friends in a pub, the principle is invisible to the participant and the 'one truth/two lies' concept is easy to understand.

They pick a card that means something to them, they read some statements and you unlock the truth... or the lie... or read their mind.

Solid BUY.

I'll be using this a lot, socially, on stage and even in company training sessions.
Thomsc
View Profile
New user
London
19 Posts

Profile of Thomsc
25% discount? Bargain.
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Check out a great review of IceBreaker by Jheff at Markplace Of The Mind!!

===> http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/icebreak/
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
I purchased this effect and then follow the instructions to the website, the website is not there nor are the instructions so how do I get the instructions for this anybody know?
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
563 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I didn't have a problem accessing the website or instructions. Are you certain you typed in the URL correctly?

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX

ELEMENTARY: Now Available!
ALL PROJECTS AVAILABLE AT: www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues.html
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
Yes I typed in the URL that is on the card that came in the pack...and nothing...
Lancy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Lancy
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2017, Svengali83 wrote:
Check out a great review of IceBreaker by Jheff at Markplace Of The Mind!!

===> http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/icebreak/

ill certainly be picking this up at some point.....normally close or just after payday haha
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, Badger wrote:
Yes I typed in the URL that is on the card that came in the pack...and nothing...

Hello,

Sorry you are having trouble accessing the instructions.

I can confirm that the link provided on the card IS working. So either you mis-read it or you mis-typed it, or maybe there's a problem with your internet connection.

Anyway, I am PMing you the details right now. Smile
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
I had the same problem - the first "dot" (or what looks like a dot) is actually a hyphen/dash...
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
Indeed, it is clearly a hyphen.

For those of you who have the same problem, here is my website:

http://arcanearts-ltd.com/
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Dot/Hyphen aside - this is really a cool effect! I regularly perform Cinema Verite, but I like this just as well, maybe even better. Cards are very nice, neat, clean method...I am trying to figure out a better way to carry the cards - other than the white box - but that's a small concern.

ryan
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Just came here to find out why I couldn't access the website! Add me to #teamdot
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of rjs
This is really good. It will get my vote for trick of the year.
I spent a long time trying to work out the hidden method, but couldn't crack it.
I explored words, syllables, tenses, alphabetical sequences, hidden categories, but made no progress.
I wonder if Turing would have solved it?
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Wow! This is amazing Smile I just received this and am already contemplating getting another set
just in case you cant get this in a few years. This is gonna be fun!
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of rjs
One tip: it surprises me how frequently the participants fail to follow the verbal instructions.
For example, they might select three or four items from the back of the card and then fail to mention the main affirmative statement which led them to choose the card in the first place.
Sometimes they will even substitute another 'true' statement' from the back of the card.
Either way, if this happens, you won't be able to work out which statement is true.
But at least you will know that it has gone wrong before you commit yourself.
I patiently go over the procedure again and get them to choose a different card.

There is also an ambiguity in one of the cards - which can create confusion. This needs to be eliminated in future editions.
If the creator private messages me, I'll point it out.
Lancy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Lancy
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, Svengali83 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, Badger wrote:

Hello,

Sorry you are having trouble accessing the instructions.

I can confirm that the link provided on the card IS working. So either you mis-read it or you mis-typed it, or maybe there's a problem with your internet connection.

Anyway, I am PMing you the details right now. Smile

Finally got my copy earlier this week and I must say so far I am really impressed. I tested it with around 3 hours street walk around my local town on my day off. At first I found the number of cards to be a little bulky to carry but soon realised what an excellent effect for groups.

Ive been struggling for a while for something interactive and fun that I can quickly flex the numbers involved on the fly and this works really well.

Bravo! Possibly the best thing a foreigner has done in Scotland since the invention or Ironbrew. Smile
Svengali83
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Svengali83
LOL! Thanks for the kind comments! ^^ Glad you like the effect hope you have a lot of fun with it! Smile

Just one quick thing concerning the 88 cards, you do not need to carry all of them to perform the effect. As a matter of fact, IceBreaker used to be sold in two separate sets of 44 cards. This time, you receive the full set (for a much lower price!) which gives a larger choice of statements and enables you to use as many spectators as possible. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » IceBreaker by Francis Girola (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL