The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (369 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15..23..31..39..47..50~51~52 [Next]
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Same here.... birthday of a celebrity ? don't see any text or video instruction on that one.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Sleepy and MitchC,

The celebrity birthday effect is performed exactly the same way as the dictionary effect which is described in the Inject manual under "Performing The Dictionary Effect".

In Inject's Settings, under "Default Search Text" just type "birthday of".

Then, when you touch the "Monitor" button on the main Inject screen, you'll be able to instantly perform the celebrity birthday effect exactly like Dave did in the video.

I hope that answers your question.
If not, please PM me here on the Café.

cheers,
Greg

P.S. Inject 2.0 has a new pairing feature that allows you to perform without touching the spectator's phone.
If Dave had chosen to perform with this option, he would have never touched Wayne's phone.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Just a couple of questions before purchasing this :

- Can the effects be performed in french ? I mean, instead of typing "birthday of ...", can we type "date de naissance de ..." ?
- Is the Google page normal or is there a weird link with ".co", which is not very common in France ? Can we use google.fr ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Thanks for the explanation Greg ! Makes sense now. Still learning the app and it's useage.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, doriancaudal wrote:
Just a couple of questions before purchasing this :

- Can the effects be performed in french ? I mean, instead of typing "birthday of ...", can we type "date de naissance de ..." ?
- Is the Google page normal or is there a weird link with ".co", which is not very common in France ? Can we use google.fr ?

Hi Dorian,

The effect can be performed in french. You can have the text be anything you like in any language.

The URL for the google page can not be google.fr
The only way that I can have you use google.fr is if I can take control of your WiFi router.

There are many URLs in Inject ... some of them look like google and some don't.
The ones that look like google were designed so that you can show your spectators that you are typing "google.com" ( or .fr in your case).

There are also URLs in Inject that are meant to NOT be hidden.
These are URLs that you have your spectator type into their phone (that means you don't touch their phone).

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Greg
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Greg, I bought that inexpensive BT controller from Amazon as you suggest on the FB group. It pairs to my iPhone just fine, but I cannot map the buttons. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Mitch
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I hope my answer on the Facebook group helped you.

Thanks again for your support.

Greg
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Yes it was VERY helpful Greg ! Thanks !! Now just tell me how David got his peek during the review ;-)
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, MitchC wrote:
Yes it was VERY helpful Greg ! Thanks !! Now just tell me how David got his peek during the review ;-)

Would also be interested to know that, as he said on the review that no phone / no tech is necessary to get the information of the celebrity. Is it really true ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Dorian,

Inject gives you multiple ways of getting your peek (one of them doesn't use your eyes). Smile

There are many routines in Inject where you get NO information from your spectator, but you still know what they are thinking!? Smile

Dave used my favorite way, which only used his hidden phone.

As Dave said in the video, you can perform Inject even if you have NO technology (lost phone or dead phone).

These performances are done completely with borrowed phones ... you can do it with only one borrowed phone, but it's a LOT better when you use two borrowed phones.

Keep your great questions coming.

Thank you,
Greg

P.S. When you perform Inject without any technology, the performance is VERY strong because your audience recognizes that you can't hear, see, or feel anything ... they can be thinking of the birthday of ANY celebrity and you KNOW who it is!
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Greg, can you point us to specific areas to focus on in the Inject user guide ?

Dave's phone on the floor ? Using just 'Google Peek' ? Too easy, right ?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Mitch,

I'm not sure exactly how Dave did his peek.

I don't want to disrespect his performance by speculating about methods on an open forum.

As has been discussed before (on this thread as well as on the Facebook group), there are many ways that he could have gotten the information without an accomplice.

If you PM me, I'll give you my theories about the method.

cheers,
Greg
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I get the inexpensive remote suggested into IOS mode? I can't seem to figure that out.

Ron
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
OK I must have it in IOS because I am paired. But the test to see if the remote is working fails. I do not show anything in the notes when I press the buttons. I have placed the remote in game mode. Any help?

Ron
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Got it working!!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Just upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0 (actually 2.5) on Android. The cost to do so was $.99. VERY reasonable!! Smile
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Thanks Greg for the offer to PM you. You must be a VERY busy guy between this forum, FB group etc. So I'll reserve PM's for something more urgent when I am in trouble with some aspect of the app. I'm slowly getting up to speed on things. There is SO much packed into this app. It's without a doubt the BEST purchase of ANY magic prop, book, or xxxx that I've ever made in my magic experience of over 45 years !!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2017, MitchC wrote:
...There is SO much packed into this app. It's without a doubt the BEST purchase of ANY magic prop, book, or xxxx that I've ever made in my magic experience of over 45 years !!

Agreed! Definitely a steep, but fun, learning curve.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I hope these aren't dumb questions but if I buy this on android, can I still get info from someone's iPhone or does it have to be another android phone? From what I can gather no. Secondly, if I go back to apple at some point in the future will I have to buy the app again? I'm guessing yes. Thirdly, would a smart watch help to peek for the needed info?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
^^^

You scored the trifecta! You're correct on all three (but I leave it to Greg to confirm).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (369 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15..23..31..39..47..50~51~52 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL