The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (369 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34..38..41..44..47..50~51~52 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Was that Earworm or Inject?
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2020, d.jodoin88 wrote:
Hello Greg,

I just want to tell people that's a pretty good products. In fact, I used it to close my walk-around act on a table and they are litterally screaming.

Effect: Someone think of a songs that remember good memories (they write it on his phone) and with another person I go on youtube and find his songs and play it.

They book me for the Christmans party after this effects.

Thank you for your support.

I hope Inject continues to bring you countless magical performances.

cheers,
Greg
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
This is my new favorite way to use Inject: Magician places a playing card face down on the table and tells the spectators this is the prediction. The magician asks one spectator to name any value of playing card and asks another spectator to name any suit. These truly are completely FREE choices. When the spectator turns over the prediction card there is a QR code printed on the face of the card. One spectator is asked to use his/her smartphone to scan the QR code which opens a URL for a YouTube video. Let's say the spectators chose the 8 of Diamonds. This is the video the QR code leads to:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uVrZzo8iII......toplay=0

It's that simple. This really kills because savvy spectators know that static QR codes (and it *is* a static QR code) link to just a single URL. Yet, it works with ANY named playing card (including the Joker). The playing card with the QR code is in plain sight BEFORE the spectators name any card. The magician does not touch the playing card after it has been placed face-down on the table. The QR code gets scanned AFTER the card is named.

The suggestion for this idea was posted by Greg in the Inject Facebook Group. Lots of terrific ideas get tossed around in that Group. If you own Inject you owe it to yourself to become a member of that Group.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think more than age or the city you live in, a lot of it depends on whether your job or hobbies involve a lot of tech. For my immediate family I’m kind of the tech guru because compared to them I’m a genius but compared to the tech world I’m an idiot.

I have no idea about QR codes and especially static ones (huh?) vs bar codes vs whatever. And I can tell you in my close circle of friends I seriously doubt any of them would either, and this is a mostly college educated white collar group.

But I think the effect Mark describes would be pretty fooling if I were to perform it to people I know. Although it’s possible they may just attribute the method to something involving tech, even though they would have absolutely no idea what that tech could be.

But I do hate to see something as powerful as Inject reduced to simply a card trick though. I think that’s magician thinking. They always want to turn everything into a card trick, when there are so many interesting items or topics that could be used to create an emotional hook and really entertain people by doing something truly memorable and remarkable.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2020, videoman wrote:
I think more than age or the city you live in, a lot of it depends on whether your job or hobbies involve a lot of tech. For my immediate family I’m kind of the tech guru because compared to them I’m a genius but compared to the tech world I’m an idiot.

I have no idea about QR codes and especially static ones (huh?) vs bar codes vs whatever. And I can tell you in my close circle of friends I seriously doubt any of them would either, and this is a mostly college educated white collar group.

But I think the effect Mark describes would be pretty fooling if I were to perform it to people I know. Although it’s possible they may just attribute the method to something involving tech, even though they would have absolutely no idea what that tech could be.

But I do hate to see something as powerful as Inject reduced to simply a card trick though. I think that’s magician thinking. They always want to turn everything into a card trick, when there are so many interesting items or topics that could be used to create an emotional hook and really entertain people by doing something truly memorable and remarkable.

I never said that using a QR code for the reveal was the *only* way I use Inject. I simply said it was my new favorite.

I also really like the credit card effect that Sean Goodman so graciously gave to the Inject community. No playing cards involved whatsoever. Brilliant!

And I also like all cards match via the Magic Set photo. Oops, shame on me... another card trick. Smile

Mark
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
I do not disagree with anything that has bee said here. I fear, however, we are "thinking like magicians".

My goal, as a magician, is to entertain the audience. Admittedly, I personally work among very skilled technical people. When [attempting to] perform magic for my colleagues a few of them take it as a challenge; a puzzle that must be solved.
I would assume that is an exception and not the norm.
Generally, if the spectator(s) are amused and you leave them smiling, nothing else is important. There are those whom ALWAYS try to guess and deduce how it was accomplished. Likewise, there are others whom prefer to simply feel amazed and amused.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I performed the QR code effect again last night. Believe it or not, a magician friend and his wife. He is aware that Inject exists but does not own it. I palmed my Wilson Magic Remote and input the swipes right under their noses. My hands never left the top of the table. Fooled them both and they loved it.

YMMV.

Mark
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Hand them a puzzle and that criteria’s met

-Theodore Annemann
MagieLucas
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
93 Posts

Profile of MagieLucas
So many things are possible,.. inject made me love app magic!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hi Greg, if this is already available on Inject 2.0, how do we access it for current users.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
Hi Greg, if this is already available on Inject 2.0, how do we access it for current users.

Best

Steve

I was going to ask the same thing -- but now it looks like Greg deleted his post. Hmm.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I just bought this, but can't do the Google peek effect as shown in the demo video with my galaxy s9 without having my phone in my hand to swipe down and show the required info...all I get is a inject avatar unless I swipe down to show whats in the notification...
any suggestions?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Bueller, bueller,,,
come on, there must be someone on here that can help with this problem...by PM if necessary, its an expensive app that seemingly everyone thinks is great, at the mo ive wasted 73 quid...
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
This remains weird. Greg posted something with a video demonstrating an effect he insisted was already available to those with Inject 2.0. I immediately went into the app looking for it and couldn't find what it appeared he performed.

Came back here... and Greg's post was deleted with no explanation at all.

And, apparently that video convinced at least one person to purchase the app. Seems like an explanation of what happened would be in order?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
@no2ss All true sir..thank you.

So.. tonight I had a friend around and planned to do the google peek on him, desite the fact I would need to swipe my phone, for the sake of practice I planned to do the required business with his phone, then state I would leave the room while he focussed on his chosed image for 20 seconds or so until he burned it into his mind..
unfortunately I couldn't get his phone to access the you know what..at all (dont want to say more due to exposure)
practice session over...
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I had a similar experience a few days back. Luckily it was during solo practice that I noticed it

-Theodore Annemann
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi catweazle,

Sorry about the late reply. I've been SWAMPED!

Regarding the new pairing technologies of Inject (where you don't have to type anything on their phone), we'll be making some exciting announcements in the next few weeks.

When it comes to performing the G peek:

I have PMd you here on the Café about the exact steps on how to perform.

The above explanation is on the first page of the Inject manual.
There are also two videos on the first page of the manual that walk you through all of the subtleties on how to perform the above with the correct patter and timing.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

All the best,
Greg Rostami
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Thanks for the PM Greg, it was my error all along... missed a crucial part of the instructiuns.
im sure it will work fine now.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Greg has announced that Inject and ReaList are getting married. He shared a demonstration video in the Inject Facebook Group and the new capabilities look VERY exciting. Full details haven't been announced yet, the features are "coming soon".

Edit: He shared the video yesterday in the ReaList topic here. Here's the post:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......tart=200

Mark
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks for the heads up, Mark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (369 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34..38..41..44..47..50~51~52 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL