The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (310 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..42~43~44~45 [Next]
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
My Unbiased Magic Review of this Magic app after using it for 5 years!

https://youtu.be/oqHswBeNOVM
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
111 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Finally going to get this because I like to be fashionably late to the party / am slow to catch on.

One question: are there tricks you can do with Inject using social media platforms other than Facebook? A lot of people, at least in my milieu, and the youngsters, arenít on it any more. Lots are, obvs. But be great if you can do stuff with Twitter, Snapchat, Insta, whatever blah blah nonsense the kids are into these days.
JohnHeroHD
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
30 Posts

Profile of JohnHeroHD
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2021, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
My Unbiased Magic Review of this Magic app after using it for 5 years!

https://youtu.be/oqHswBeNOVM

That is super helpful! And you actually sold me on it. I simply had to many questions and you answered them all. Thanks!
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
111 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
A few weeks in to Inject on Android and...it's been a frustrating experience. Feels like an app designed for Apple, with Android a complete afterthought. It's a steep learning curve not helped by the fact you have to learn simultaneously by wading through a Facebook group AND official manual that doesn't do a very good job of giving Android vs Apple specific instruction and may or may not be out of date at any given moment. It took over a week for me to simply get push notifications appearing because the instructions I'd been following were for Apple users (this wasn't mentioned). Fortunately other FBG users are more helpful than the App creators.

A German guy has produced a phenomenal written manual for the thing. He charges Ä25 and it's clearly a labour of love. I'll probably bite. But it's a bit annoying...you'd think at £72 something accurate, thorough and up-to-date like this would be included with the app.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I've encouraged Greg to raise the price of the app to $150 and then include his Webinar with the purchase.

Inject is easily worth $150. But that's high enough that every magician and his brother wouldn't purchase the app.

Mark
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2505 Posts

Profile of 252life
The guy charges extra, repeatedly, for tutorials that are still less then clear (and should be included and updated) yet you ďencourageĒ him to raise the price. Thatís special heís lucky to have you
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
111 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Never really understand the "charge more, keep out the less worthy" logic. Just because you can afford more does it make you better? There are plenty of hobbyists with money (and professionals for that matter) who suck. Keep them out? Anyway, £72 is hardly pocket change. And not really sure how the number of people using it relates to the quality of instruction anyway?

How about, simply, if you produce a product for the market, provide decent instructions and factor in any extra productions costs in the price you charge from the start?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The reality of any business: Some customers require more hand-holding than others. So, my suggestion to Greg was to simply raise the price and include the webinar (which is an extra cost item right now) within the price of Inject.

Inject is such a fantastic app because it is so amazingly powerful and customizable. That power and flexibility comes at the price of more complexity. But only if you want to do more than the basic included features.

If you are struggling with the basic features (such as Houdini card) then you really need to do a more careful job of reading the included manual.

Mark
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2505 Posts

Profile of 252life
Yup like Elips which I just purchased. Clear video and written instructions. What a treat what a concept.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2505 Posts

Profile of 252life
And right on cue as always, Gregís unpaid self appointed and arrogant spokesperson feels the need to chime in.
Thank you so much.

-Theodore Annemann
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
111 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Yeah, pretty patronising to assume any issues are with the people reading the manual, not the manual itself. A guy hasn't spent 450 hours writing an up-to-date replacement for the sake of it. He did it because the original is poor / inaccurate for Android users. Do you have any actual evidence that the ability to spend £150 is somehow related to comprehension skills/need for hand-holding? Perhaps a PhD in Software Development would be a more suitable requirement. From what I've seen on FB Group, it needs a mass of users to help each other solving the various problems not mentioned in the manual.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The biggest error in the Facebook group is the number of people that ask a question without first reading previous posts in the Facebook group. 9 times out of 10, the question they are about to ask has been asked and answered multiple times before. Even the most basic keyword search would bring up the previous threads and the answer to their question.

Too many people don't use the search feature at all. They don't bother to try to investigate a solution.

The Magic Cafť's search feature is pretty lame. But Facebook's search feature within a group actually works quite well.

Mark
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2505 Posts

Profile of 252life
Going full circle as usual.. the app and its sub par directions should be available in one concise place, and included in full with the purchase price. Customers shouldnít be forced to go to forums and/or FB (which many people other then myself deplore) or be subjected to the commentary of Gregís self appointed spokespeople. Itís really not hard math here; you make a purchase and it should come self contained. As always Iíll be clear and reiterate my thoughts on the app itself. It is incredibly well thought out with more options then Iíll ever want. The continued problem is the instructions.

-Theodore Annemann
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, 252life wrote:
Going full circle as usual.. the app and its sub par directions should be available in one concise place, and included in full with the purchase price.

We are in agreement. Which is why I suggested to Greg he should raise the price on the app and include the webinar in the purchase price. Problem solved.

Mark
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2505 Posts

Profile of 252life
Mark, since you have his ear why donít you recommend he do what most people expect in the first place? Include proper and full instructions regardless of the price. He can charge $1.00 or $1,000 but he should include the clearest and most up to date instructions either way. How can you justify anything else as anything but a nickel and dime money grab? It makes zero sense. Greg is clearly (and rightfully) proud of his app, but not enough to do whatís not only right, but expected, with instructions. This is a free country and heís entitled to do as he wishes, as am I with my purchases. There are a flood of quality apps out that come complete, and usually for less $. Inject is good but tbh I hardly use it, being in favor of others that havenít left a bad taste from the creator. Inject just isnít worth it to me at this point. And this argument that people just arenít trying hard enough to untangle, and keep up, with the slapped together, repackaged, resold, and insufficient excuse for instructions is honestly garbage. Look back over any thread on the topic (that Greg or others donít get pulled down whenever the truth is discussed) and this exact criticism will come up time and again. For years this has been a complaint and obviously no one cares unless itís to shamelessly milk a few more dollars out of the community.

-Theodore Annemann
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Where did you get the impression that I have Greg's ear? He doesn't listen to me. I made the suggestion to raise the price and include the webinar about 2 years ago. That hasn't happened so, clearly, Greg is not following my advice.

And the reality is, even if the webinar was included (at whatever price), there would still be questions because the webinar is 6.5 hours long. Too many magicians wouldn't take the time to watch it. So, they'd still ask questions and complain.

At some point, the onus is on the magician to apply him/herself to the task of spending the time and energy necessary to learn the deeper and more powerful ins & outs of Inject. I managed to learn and understand much of it BEFORE there was ever a webinar. Just by using the currently available user manual and following the Facebook group. The webinar took me the extra distance. I applied myself and now I don't consider myself an Inject novice.

You get out what you put in. If all you put in is sour grapes, then all you get out is bad tasting whine.

Mark
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2505 Posts

Profile of 252life
I get the idea you have his ear because you act as though you do. Anytime anyone gets on here with a dissatisfaction, you seem eager to smugly comment on it. We get it, youíre a fan. I have no problem doing my homework and have lists of effects that I happily devoted my time to (Train Tracking always comes to mind). So your arrogant assumptions really fall flat. Hereís what would be ideal imo; you and I agree to disagree and stop talking. Iím sure under different circumstances we might even get along, but this isnít that time. What would be nice is for Greg to actually come on here and address his customer base as though he cared.
Oh and should I start the timer on how long this will last before you complain to the mods and have it pulled?
Peace Mark have a good one.

-Theodore Annemann
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1141 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Greg is a businessman. Inject is a great product and could be improved, and will be when Inject 3 is launched. So I guess, he looks at where his time will generate the most sales. The Inject webinar was a money making venture but Iím sure that the teaching for Inject 3 will be better but it will cost more!

He mentioned in January about a FREE upgrade to Inject - but this hasnít happened. Instead, time was invested in promoting Realist. He did invest time to make Inject tie in with David Pennís Pi revelation and that would help generate NEW business by piggy backing onto Davidís excellent product and reaching out to a new potential client base.

The free update mentioned in January wouldnít generate new business as it would simply benefit existing users, but this doesnít seem to be a time priority.

Mark doesnít have Gregís ear, but is a really helpful guy in terms of offering support to magicians on the Facebook group. There are many other really helpful guys on this group too, but sadly many of these are overlooked in terms of giving feedback to Greg. One in particular, Felipe Nardi, shared soooooooo much, but his efforts were never acknowledged.

Inject remains to me one of the best purchases Iíve ever made, however the app world has some really proactive and interactive developers who have certainly raised the bar in terms of customer service. Fingers crossed for Inject 3.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2782 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, 252life wrote:
I get the idea you have his ear because you act as though you do. Anytime anyone gets on here with a dissatisfaction, you seem eager to smugly comment on it. We get it, youíre a fan. I have no problem doing my homework and have lists of effects that I happily devoted my time to (Train Tracking always comes to mind). So your arrogant assumptions really fall flat. Hereís what would be ideal imo; you and I agree to disagree and stop talking. Iím sure under different circumstances we might even get along, but this isnít that time. What would be nice is for Greg to actually come on here and address his customer base as though he cared.
Oh and should I start the timer on how long this will last before you complain to the mods and have it pulled?
Peace Mark have a good one.

I have read every word in the Inject manual.

It covers everything you need to know about Inject.

All of the included effects are explained in detail.
ALL of the effects have videos that show a performance of that effect both in the Inject manual and on YouTube (search YouTube for the title of the effect followed by Inject and you'll see).

The Inject thread (this thread) on the Cafť has countless performance videos on almost every page.

The manual is broken down into chapters that allow the reader to jump to any topic/effect they want to learn.

Any effect that is not covered in the Inject manual can be inferred from the other effects that are similar in plot and execution.

I spend every day supporting Inject and ReaList, so YES I care about my customers.
I often speak to customers on the phone or video chat.
EVERYONE that I speak to on the phone, has not read the manual (mainly because, people stop reading the manual after the first page that describes the Peek effect).

Even if you never join the Facebook group, you can learn everything about Inject with the included manual.

The webinars are not required to learn Inject and are optional training material that go deeper into different uses of Inject.

Greg Rostami
amirmughal
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of amirmughal
Greg mentioned in one of the post in this thread that purchasing Inject 2 now and then upgrading to Inject 3 would be cheaper then waiting to buy Inject 3 directly. Is this assumption still valid?

Also one of the users mentioned in this thread to wait to buy Inject until version 2.9 version is released. Has it been released?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (310 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..42~43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL