The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (369 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..17..25..33..41..49..50~51~52 [Next]
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
This looks great. Can someone comment on the advantages of this over something like Earworm (aside from google search vs. YouTube), etc?

My mistake if this was already answered.

Thanks
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your interest in Inject 2.0

Inject allows you to covertly convert your spectator's phone into either a transmitter or a receiver (sometimes both).

When their phone is a receiver, you can have it go to any website (it's not limited to Google, YouTube, or any other site).
By default it uses Google, since it's the most popular search engine.

The information that their phone receives can be an image, a particular image on a web album, a YouTube video, or any website.

Imagine, you were performing at an Apple event ... you can ask your spectator to name any Apple product. When they look at their phone, they'll see that you had navigated to the product that they were thinking of at Apple.com

When their phone is a transmitter, it can send information to you like:

1. Which image are they looking at on their phone.
2. What are they searching for in Google.

You can either see or hear this info on your phone, smartwatch, or even another borrowed phone (that's how you can perform Inject even if your phone is DEAD!)

Inject supports all smartphones that receive notifications.
It also supports several BT hardware buttons to covertly input information.

I hope that helps,
Greg

P.S. There are no signs of foul play left behind on the spectator's phone.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Greg, thanks for that thorough response.

This sounds amazing and I will be purchasing it.
CR_Shelton
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of CR_Shelton
I was an owner of the original inject, do I need to re-register for inject 2 or can I use my old login? If it's the old one, I'm having trouble with it since the upgrade and I can't seem to get a password recovery e-mail sent to me either.
An actor is a magician performing the illusion of reality.
www.ActingMagician.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi CR_Shelton,

I just sent you a PM.

Greg
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Hi Greg,

You mentioned earlier in this thread that Inject 2 can be used with Glance. I use the Glance magazine test all the time, but how does Inject 2 add to that? Is there a phone book test that uses the same book test principle of Glance, or is there an actual routine that you can perform while still using the Glance magazines?

Thanks
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Nathan,

Inject is basically a multi out system that uses Google as the motivation to look up information.

You can use Inject with ANY book test that's on the market.

Here's my routine:

When I first came to the US I didn't know English.
So, I was always looking up words in a dictionary ... especially the big words.

For the next minute, let's go back to the time that reading English was a MYSTERY!!

Please open this book to any page, and look at any word ... please make it a really big word ... like the ones that I use to look up.

Once you find a word, close the book and ask me to turn back around.

They open your favorite book test and look at a big word.

Even though no one knows your word, I'm going to look up the definition of YOUR word!?
May I please borrow your phone for a moment to Google the definition.

They navigate to Google.com and give you their phone.

Please concentrate on your word ... Hmmm ... that's an interesting word ... I wonder what the definition is.

You type on their keyboard, hit return, and remark ... Aaand here's the definition. ... Put their phone facedown.

It would be AMAZING if the first letter of my word is the same as your word. What's the first letter of your word?

They say "R" ... Oh my gosh ... I think I looked up the definition of YOUR word ... look at your phone!!

When they turn over their phone, it's showing the definition of "repairman" in Google!!

I often finish this effect by asking another spectator to pick up the phone and read the definition of their word. This helps build the drama of the routine.

As you can see from the above routine, you are asking for the 1st letter AFTER you've already committed to the word on their phone.

You can obviously alter the above routine to suit your character.

I hope that helps answer your question.
Greg Rostami
Don Victor
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Don Victor
Hi Greg. I bought Inject 2 through Penguin. I thought I would be able to download the app but is no where to be found. I bought it today but Penguin has not answered my email.
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2017, Don Victor wrote:
Hi Greg. I bought Inject 2 through Penguin. I thought I would be able to download the app but is no where to be found. I bought it today but Penguin has not answered my email.

That’s what happens when creators try to circumvent apple’s rules in order to make more profit.

I’d never buy an app that’s not in the App Store. You’ve got no one to complain to.
BlackwoodMagic
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam, Netherlands
6 Posts

Profile of BlackwoodMagic
Hi All,
Just reading the great reviews of this product. But it is still not clear to me, maybe somebody could help clarify, what do I need in order to perform this? A spectator's phone, the app and... do I need and Apple or other smart watch? I don't have a wearable, what are my options?
Corporate Entertainer
Amsterdam Magician
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
You don't need a smartwatch. To perform the effects you need a smartphone with the app installed. That's it.

Smartwatches will make it easier but you really don't need one (I don't use one).

Sleepy
BlackwoodMagic
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam, Netherlands
6 Posts

Profile of BlackwoodMagic
Thanks Sleepy Magic,

Is it relatively easy to cover or motivate the glances/peeks at my phone for these effects? I guess it's down to scripting and choreography... but wonder what is your take, given that you use this without a smartwatch.
Corporate Entertainer
Amsterdam Magician
CR_Shelton
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of CR_Shelton
The peeks - in the routines that require them - are quick, well covered, and highly motivated. Even more-so with some of the new features in 2.0. That said, there are routines with no peek necessary, routines where your phone stays in your pocket the whole time, even routines where you can leave your own phone at home and just use theirs.
An actor is a magician performing the illusion of reality.
www.ActingMagician.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2017, Don Victor wrote:

Hi Don,
When you get your package in the mail, you'll see the names of the free apps that are available as a free download from both the iOS and Android app stores.
You'll then use your unique password that's supplied in the package.

Quote:
On Dec 3, 2017, magic___lover wrote:
That’s what happens when creators try to circumvent apple’s rules in order to make more profit.

I’d never buy an app that’s not in the App Store. You’ve got no one to complain to.

Inject 2.0 is a free download from both the iOS and Play app stores. You use the app stores to download Inject.
If you have any complaint about Inject, you can reach out to Apple or Google.

But if you want to talk on the phone with the people that made the app, then you can contact me at:
grostami@gmail.com

Quote:
On Dec 3, 2017, BlackwoodMagic wrote:
Hi All,
Just reading the great reviews of this product. But it is still not clear to me, maybe somebody could help clarify, what do I need in order to perform this? A spectator's phone, the app and... do I need and Apple or other smart watch? I don't have a wearable, what are my options?

Thank you to SleepyMagic and CR_Shelton for answering this gentleman's questions.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Down loaded it and tried out the free esp effect worked very well. It's very cool but at 75 quid is a little expensive. I'd like it for the odd effect you could do down the pub.It would be ace say if you were a corporate magician doing say a Samsung HTC sony smartphone event.This would be awesome. Can I have a discount?
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Best $ I've EVER spent on ANY magic item... period. SO much can be done with Inject 2.0 and the crowd reactions are KILLER !
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
So, dumb question. Those with inject (myself) haven't given it justice and put it to use. I tried opening inject for the first time in a while and it made me pay $0.99 for updates. Does that mean I have inject 2.0? Google images and push notifications have trial next to them, will that go away?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Blindside785,

Thank you for upgrading to Inject 2.0.

For the last 5 months we've had both Push Notifications and Google Images as a trial (you can use them for no charge).

We are still debating if we are going to charge for those services. But at the present time both of those services are free.
If we ever decide to charge for Push Notifications, it will be to cover the constant server costs which will be $9.99 per year.

Here's a raw performance of Inject 2.0's new Auto-Pairing feature.
In this performance I NEVER touched the spectator's phone.

all the best,
Greg
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
Greg,

How can I access Google Images? Every time I click on it I get the message about it being a trial but I don't get the pop up box that lets me "create.

Terry
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Terry,

If you'd like to learn how to perform the above effect, in the Inject manual go to the page labeled:

"NEW FEATURES OF INJECT 2.X ..."

Scroll down a little bit and read the section labeled "Pair Mode:"

In the above video I have edited out the section where I spell Google Images for the spectator to protect all of the customers of Inject from web crawlers finding the URL.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Grigor Tatevosian Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (369 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..17..25..33..41..49..50~51~52 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL