The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cardiographic-Lite by Martin Lewis (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
881 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Http://magikraft.com/cardiographic-lite/

Ordered. I had the original version long ago and look forward to working with this one.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Is there a video demo of this version?

Thanks
Patrick
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
Is there a video demo of this version?

Thanks
Patrick

The video on the sales page shows it in action
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
That's odd, I don't see any video Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
That's odd, I don't see any video Smile

There must be something wrong with your browser, it is halfway down the page on the right.

Here is the link to the video. https://vimeo.com/231159298
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Thank you Tony, that's great. Must be the browser indeed.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1830 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I guess we will see what other LITE versions he will put out (?)

Now this (Cardiographic-Lite) will be cost effective for birthday parties and house parties
and you can do 3 or more events in one day because the re-set is easy.

You could even color in the Spades on the card rise and the refills, if you wanted to.

I don't have this in my hands yet, but this is what I see in Martin's Vimeo.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Is there a dealer in the U.K. That has this?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1884 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Right now its only offered by Magikraft.com but in time may be available at dealers. I was able to drive over to Martins last night to pick mine up and I have to tell you THIS is really a great piece of magic and now it is sooooooo streamlined and easy to use. Reset is now a non-issue and in real time is actually 5 seconds or less. For me there is also a greater comfort level using this size drawing pad. The rise itself is easily done while holding the pad with one hand. I have a show tomorrow that's why I needed to pick this up last night. But after practicing with this version I'm looking forward to trying it out. I like that I don't have to draw anything...I'm far from an artist. To me the improvments Martin has made and the size of this makes it a must have for any fan of Cardiographic!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1830 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
And like Martin's Birthday one you can get Cardio-Lite signed by the audience members attending the party.

Hint: Don't LEND them your pen/sharpies because you never get it back. Hahaa
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I think this looks FANTASTIC, and it sounds like the reset has been vastly improved.

Although I never bought the original, I made up my own from the instructions on Mr Lewis' Making Magic videos. I used a different style sketch pad though, with a different binding. Made a few changes that allowed for more immediate reset, but sadly also eliminated the ability to draw the initial "prediction"/deck.

I liked a lot of the gags the initial drawing and "prediction" had built in, or allowed for, so I certainly missed that.
Looks like you loose a lot of the same with this new version, but gain the quicker reset.

Really like a lot of the other little touches and thought that went into this from the looks of it.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I've been closing many of my shows with the this for many years. It's an all-time favorite all around. I bought the VHS and learned how to make it myself (I use a small pad). The one thing I never liked was the time it took to reset/create for each performance. This looks like it solves that? Wow.

I too, enjoyed the gags with drawing from scratch, but it's hard not to love the reset, may have to go this route for sure. Wonderful.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4509 Posts

Profile of videoman
I probably don't perform as often as most of you so the reset of the original has never been a big issue for me.
While I'd certainly prefer not having to do it, at the same time I'm not convinced I'd be willing to sacrifice the other parts of the routine that I really love and which serve as a wonderful build up to the ending.
Actually I stopped using this years ago mainly due to trying to limit myself to being able to carry everything on me, but no doubt the reset was a factor as well. But now that I've loosened up on my self-imposed "rules" (see my Instant Rubik's posts Smile) I am considering bringing it back again.
It is certainly a stunner and so fun to perform.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
439 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hello! I hope everyone is having a 'magical' summer so far. I've been away from magic for a while and I'm slowly getting back into it. This is one of the effects that I've always admired but unfortunately, never tried it. Well, now I'm ready to take the plunge. Now, I thought I saw a smaller version of this effect, something of a pad small enough to be held with just one hand. Am I right or am I just dreaming again? lol. Also, I noticed that this version is great for those with no drawing skills but what if you do have great drawing skills and would actually like to draw the images yourself? Is there a similar version that will allow you to draw? Many thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, mrmagik68 wrote:
Hello! I hope everyone is having a 'magical' summer so far. I've been away from magic for a while and I'm slowly getting back into it. This is one of the effects that I've always admired but unfortunately, never tried it. Well, now I'm ready to take the plunge. Now, I thought I saw a smaller version of this effect, something of a pad small enough to be held with just one hand. Am I right or am I just dreaming again? lol. Also, I noticed that this version is great for those with no drawing skills but what if you do have great drawing skills and would actually like to draw the images yourself? Is there a similar version that will allow you to draw? Many thanks!

Roberto

Perhaps you're thinking of Sean Bogunia's smaller animated sketch pad, note pad surprise?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1884 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
You can hold this with one hand very easily. You can also add your own touches to this as well just remember to update your giveout sheets as well. In this version there is no NEED to draw however if you like that touch you are free to add what you like. Heck even an "accidental" sharpie spot or line can add to the uñique drawing. But with this version you have that option. Honestly its great!

Good magic to all,

Eric
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
439 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, stempleton wrote:
Quote:

Roberto

Perhaps you're thinking of Sean Bogunia's smaller animated sketch pad, note pad surprise?

Yes!! That's the one! I'll check to see if this is still available. Thanks a bunch!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
439 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, The great Gumbini wrote:
You can hold this with one hand very easily. You can also add your own touches to this as well just remember to update your giveout sheets as well. In this version there is no NEED to draw however if you like that touch you are free to add what you like. Heck even an "accidental" sharpie spot or line can add to the uñique drawing. But with this version you have that option. Honestly its great!

Good magic to all,

Eric

Gumbini,
Thanks for the great response!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
439 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
So, I just looked up Bogunia's trick and based on reviews, it doesn't seem practical for close-up work. Does anyone know if Cardiographic by Martin Lewis can be done up close? Thanks again!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1494 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
So, I just looked up Bogunia's trick and based on reviews, it doesn't seem practical for close-up work. Does anyone know if Cardiographic by Martin Lewis can be done up close? Thanks again!

Roberto

I would say the closest I would do this is around 5 feet. It is an excellent item.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cardiographic-Lite by Martin Lewis (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL