The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Folie a Deux - Jermays PK Touch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Anyone order this? I paypaled my money over a month ago and never heard a single word about it. Are they shipping yet??
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
It appears to be an instant download PDF - is that not the case? Jermay has been KNOCKING it out of the park in the past few years so I'm excited by the prospect of this release.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
One of his routines on his release "Premise and Premonition" is very similar. In fact I thought when watching it that you could easily adapt this to a PK touch routine. And that is what he has done. Of course he has added his fantastic scripting and take to it, but it is basically the same. Very much worth the asking price if you like PK touch.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
It is an ebook, and for some reason I didn't get it, thinking it was a preorder since I paid an early price - I emailed and Luke personally responded right away -- good customer service. Thanks all
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Can you review it Tony, comparing it to other pk presentations ?
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I pulled the trigger this morning after learning that it was available.

If you've been following Luke's work over the last few years the methods in play won't come as a surprise at all - BUT with "Folie a Deux" Luke has added a few nice presentational touches and refinements including:

-a powerful expository phase that helps identify the best participants to use and does so in a manner that is mysterious and consistent with the rest of the routine's framing

-an extension of the phenomena experienced by the participants (more than just a touch, the routine permits someone to feel heat and another to hear a whisper)

The only slight disappointment for me was that the whole routine is over rather quickly. I definitely plan on integrating elements of this into my stage show and will likely add some further bits of business to help lengthen out the sequence so that it becomes more of a stand-alone performance piece. The routine shared in "Folie a Deux", verbatim, IMHO feels like it needs to be followed by something else.

Don't get me wrong - this is PHENOMENAL - whether or not it's worth the asking price is up to individual opinion and tastes though. I do appreciate that the full performing rights were included and while I won't use Luke's script word for word he has provided a VERY strong starting point for developing my own. I'm happy with the value of this release because my primary venue is stage work and this is a fresh application of solid, and classic, principles.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I love it - Luke's script alone is worth the price to me. It doesn't play well closeup though - parlor or stage
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Very interested in this. I have most of Luke's material, even the old stuff, is this something he has touched on previously in other places: Premise and Premonition, and here it's just elaborated?

Is this an extension of Touching on Hoy, or is there a fresh approach to the PK Touches plot?

I'm trying to discern if the $100USD price is for a script, or justification, or a technical method, etc?

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
A presentation/ script...
It's too expensive for what you obtain.
improvality
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of improvality
Thinking about getting this Is it worth the higher asking price? I'm a big fan of Luke Jermay's work.
TheDBK
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of TheDBK
This or Midas Touch by Peter Turner?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
This or Midas Touch by Peter Turner?

They both have their advantages. I would say, get both and you won't be disappointed. Pm me if you want to know a bit more about the differences.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Folie a Deux - Jermays PK Touch (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL