We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Decon - Danny Weiser (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
512 Posts

Profile of canaday
Decon Blue - Danny Weiser
$30.00
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=56550

The Hype:
Just when you thought the envelope could not be pushed any further, Danny Weiser takes it one more step with his brand new effect 'DECON'.

Imagine having a spectator select a card from the deck... the card is then returned to the deck... with a bit of a shake, a card leaps to the top of the box!! Wait! THE BOX? Yes! In the motion of shaking the deck, the spectator's selection leaps to the top and the entire deck is wrapped in its natural habitat... THE BOX!!

Super easy to do... Instant Reset... A true magician fooler.

Supplied with custom gimmick.

My Take:
When I watched the trailer for this trick, I was underwhelmed. The effect was not fully explained and I just did not see the magic. It looked to me like four cards were simply just removed from the top of the card box. But I had reviewed products from Magic Tao before and I knew they had quality magic. Once I watched the instructional video, it all became clear. An unboxed deck is shown. The few cards needed are lifted from the top of the deck and instantly, the rest of the deck is back in the box. Very visual and has the feel of a cgi special effect.

What you get in the package is the gimmick, an additional gimmicked card and material to repair the gimmick. Instruction is in a 28 minute video download. Unlike a lot of these type of effects, the arts and crafts needed are at a minimum and will take less than one minute to set it up. Repairing the gimmick does have the feel of some of the more involved procedures I am sure that you have seen. Once you get it set up, the mechanics are simple and the result is gorgeous. There is a small angle problem which is well covered in the video.

The video has three sections.

The first is setting up the gimmick. You will need to provide a matching deck and box. The basic use of the gimmick is taught. Simple and effective.

The second is a routine that was developed for the gimmick. A deck is spread out face down and a card is chosen and signed. It is returned to the middle of the deck, then it jumps to the top of the deck and the rest of the cards have been reboxed. I really did not care for the routine. It had the feel of something thrown together to showcase the gimmick. The major move in this routine consists of turning your back to the spectator to do the dirty work. They also refer to Marlo’s Tilt move and the glide. For my money, the basic effect outshines this.

The last section covers repair of the gimmick. This is fairly involved. You will need one additional item not included but you most likely already have it on your desk. I find this valuable as we have all had gimmicks go bad and you usually have to buy the effect again. One other thing that I have a small complaint about. An idea of Paul Harris is used without attribution.

This is a good, solid, well thought out gimmick and not only is it very easy to do, it is extremely visual. Like I said, I would stick to the basic use which would be an excellent way to ring in the cards needed for Vernon's Twisting the Aces or Dr. Daley's Last Trick. And it can be ordered in either red or blue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Decon - Danny Weiser (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL