The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Propless Mentalism? (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
I curious to learn what the best propless mentalism effects that people perform are?

Thank you!
Want me to read your mind? Try the "Interactive" section on here: www.eadenmarti.com!
Harrybowman
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Harrybowman
I was not much into propless until I bought PROTEUS, this is what I perform every time now. Awesome stuff

Pk touches are another favorite of mine.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of tomd
Proteus is the perfect propless routine if you ask me. It's not hard to learn, digest, and perform. And with trial and error, you will be getting close to a 100% hit rate. There is a private Facebook group which has improved upon the original idea ten fold, in my opinion. And it was a Stellar book already.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
What a great promotional thread for a new book/routine. Going for the "best" of anything based on an online thread would be like trying to learn to slam dunk before anything else about basketball. There is a ton of fantastic propless work out there but it would all be worthless to you if you don't know where best to use it or how to use it. Start with Psychological Subtleties by Banachek and go from there. If you need help developing find someone who works that way and get some mentoring in it.
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
Harrybowman
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Harrybowman
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, StuartPalm wrote:
What a great promotional thread for a new book/routine. Going for the "best" of anything based on an online thread would be like trying to learn to slam dunk before anything else about basketball. There is a ton of fantastic propless work out there but it would all be worthless to you if you don't know where best to use it or how to use it. Start with Psychological Subtleties by Banachek and go from there. If you need help developing find someone who works that way and get some mentoring in it.

Stuart the guy is asking about the best propless effects. Not about where to start. I do believe as you do that he is a beginner and your advice is making sense but his question is unambiguous.
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, tomd wrote:
Proteus is the perfect propless routine if you ask me. It's not hard to learn, digest, and perform. And with trial and error, you will be getting close to a 100% hit rate. There is a private Facebook group which has improved upon the original idea ten fold, in my opinion. And it was a Stellar book already.

Thank you tomd and Harrybowman, I'll have to look into and purchase that!
Want me to read your mind? Try the "Interactive" section on here: www.eadenmarti.com!
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, StuartPalm wrote:

I am fairly new to propless mentalism, although I have spent a lot of time working with progressive and transgressive anagram methods. I have read some of Banachek's books, but I should definitely study them more! I was mainly trying to find new ideas for effects rather than methods, as I often just see people performing the same star sign divinations type effects and such with anagrams.

I want to get more inspiration for different types of routines and thought this might be a good place to see what other people do!

Thank you!
Conner
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Conner
Not specific effects necessarily, but I really enjoy...

- CMR
- Suggestion
- Mnemonics
- Force deflection

I used to be a fan of PAs, but now I just prefer billet work.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
My first Penguin Live Lecture was devoted to entirely propless effects and may be a good place to look: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5253

Best,

Atlas
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2017, Conner wrote:
Not specific effects necessarily, but I really enjoy...

- CMR
- Suggestion
- Mnemonics
- Force deflection

I used to be a fan of PAs, but now I just prefer billet work.

Thank you! I will look into these!
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2017, Atlas wrote:
My first Penguin Live Lecture was devoted to entirely propless effects and may be a good place to look: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5253

Best,

Atlas

Hi Atlas, I have a few of your books and I really enjoy them, but I will definitely look into getting your lecture! Thank you!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
The best propless effect is YOU. At least, potentiallly. Better get that straight before moving on to the next part.
Elman1
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Elman1
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2017, Atlas wrote:

Best,

Atlas

This was an awesome lecture on propless mentalism and importantly how to present it well!!
Max Wells
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Max Wells
Ever Elizalde's MANOEDA.

It's a which hand routine where everything happens in the participant's mind. 100% sure fire. I use it every single day since I bought it.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17480 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Palm reading
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
My best propless material falls into these categories:

Pk Effects
Anagrams
Logic Based Effects
Hypno Effects
Psychological Manipulation
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1365 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
CMR and cold reading are as close as you can get to real mind reading. Proteus has a lot of potential but it's not easy. Neither are CMR or cold reading, of course. A beginner would be well advised to stick to simpler methods and avoid "propless" systems.

Barry
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
911 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
My favorite propless effects which I perform regularly:

-tequila hustler by Mark Elsdon
-your intuition, zodiac anagram, cigarette divination and spider force by Peter Turner
-Subtle hustle and train tracking by Atlas Brookings
-Quinta by Phil Smith
-Abyss and various forces from Ecrof by Ross Tyler

And recently triangulation by Matt Mello.

There are also effects which technically use props but still remain totally impromptu like:

-Your intuition, life equation and Isabella's star by Peter Turner

-Colin's version of Patrick Redford prevaricator

And various other effects you can do with coins you carry or with a borrowed phone
Reader discretion is advised.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3326 Posts

Profile of Looch
The best propless piece of mentalism I've seen is Train Tracking... and that's by a LONG shot.

There are other interesting propless approaches but I often feel they should be peppered into other, more classical routines to create a well rounded hybrid approach.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2017, Looch wrote:
The best propless piece of mentalism I've seen is Train Tracking... and that's by a LONG shot.

Atlas Brookings performing Train Tracking is a prop-less work of art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Propless Mentalism? (29 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL