The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Cheating at Memorized Deck + Card Index (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stefan Rupar
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Stefan Rupar
It seems you could do a mem deck with a lot of clues left around: on your cardbox, sleeve, thighs, etc.

Then, if you are going to cheat other magicians wit' the memorized deck, why not combine an index. Any plots come to mind?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2194 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The effective use of cribs is not nearly as easy as a lot of folks seem to believe. People are extremely perceptive when it comes to your eye movement (which is why it is used so frequently for misdirective purposes), and can easily spot you reading something.

Not that cribs can't be used, of course (Mark Strivings has an excellent manuscript that explores this tool in great detail), but such usage must be very carefully scripted and blocked.

Those wishing to do memorized deck work without resorting to rote memorization of the cards can make very effective use of a good algorithmic stack, such as those by Harding or Gauci, or my own "QuickStack".

... Doug
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
What about a tele-prompter for close-up work?

Now THERE is an idea that would sell Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

I do highly reccomend looking into Gauci's stack. It can be learned in minutes. Good stuff.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To Doug,
Is your Quick-Stack in print?
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2194 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Quote:
Dennis Loomis wrote:
To Doug,
Is your Quick-Stack in print?

Yes, you can find it in "Mindsights". Visit the Website below for more detail, and -- most usefully -- numerous reviews.

... Doug
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Doug,

Your book is great! I'll probably be using "Quick-Stack" in performance, soon. Also, the work on magic squares gives me a better alternative to the typical magic square. I would have kept material of that caliber all to myself!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Cheating at Memorized Deck + Card Index (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL