The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Linko by Ben Williams (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I finally got to play with this amazing effect and I absolutely love it.
Not only the effect is super visual but Ben goes out of his way explaining everything thoroughly.

I highly recommend this!

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=59221

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I hope he sells a lot of these because he clearly needs some new shirts.
Official Thread Killer
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Lol. This has been out for years. Is this any different from the original release?
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
I love this effect! Yeah this version has updated packaging (there is also a lifesavers version for US magi). Ben also includes new handlings and ideas.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Does it include gimmicked linked polo's or are they a DIY effort?
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey everyone,

Thanks KevG Smile Much appreciated. Pegasus, it does not include a linking mint, although handlings are taught for that gimmick as well as of course the DIY version where you have real linked mints that can be examined.

Stucky,

;)

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Really pleased to announce that Linko got Worker of the Week over at the Wizard Product Review, thank you for all you kind words chaps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti......VoHkK-Wo

You can buy Linko in Polo for UK and Lifesaver version for US at your favourite online magic store, it has been wholesaled by Murphys so should be available worldwide. You can also order direct from me at www.originalmagic.co.uk if you wish.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Ben
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Can we see what the Lifesaver version looks like? Looks nice
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I looked on Ben's site and don't see the Lifesavers version you mention. Is it a standalone product, or is it included in the Polo package?

Quote:
On Sep 9, 2017, kevg wrote:
I love this effect! Yeah this version has updated packaging (there is also a lifesavers version for US magi). Ben also includes new handlings and ideas.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Kallix,

There are two versions of Linko, the Polo version (UK) and the Lifesaver version (US). They are separate variations of the same effect, sp they are stand alone.

I actually sold all my stock of the Lifesaver version to wholesale at Murphys so they are available from dealers worldwide but not form me directly at the moment I am afraid. Thank you for checking my site though I appreciate that.

I know that Penguin Magic and Hocus Pocus have these as do UK shops like Merchant of Magic, World Magic Shop and Alakazam who ship worldwide.

Hope that helps!

Slippery Snake, thank you of your interest, I can't upload a decent enough image here, but if you check out the product page the product image has a good shot as does the demo video, that has plenty of close ups of the packet so you can see.

Many thanks again,

Ben
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Dear Ben,

Does this means murphys dealers will only have Lifesaver versions of Linko?
POLO ver is only available at http://www.originalmagic.co.uk/?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
According to some reviews at Penguin it is difficult to find the right Lifesavers to match.
Can anyone in the US confirm this or share their experience or workarounds with it?
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
I noticed that too, people said they usually sell them in bags individually wrapped. Also lifesavers apparently changed the size of the hole or something so they don't link.

Although I did do a quick search online and noticed that they do sell rolls of lifesavers which appear to be the same exact ones shown on the trailer.

Can't confirm or deny if they actually fit or not. Just wanted to mention they do sell the rolls. Would like to know if anyone that bought the lifesavers version is having any trouble as well.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hello everyone,

I was actually shipped rolls of Lifesavers from the US by Murphys when working on it. With the tutorial video I also provide a PDF with an online links to buy them should you find it hard to source them in your area. I also found the holes were a tiny bit too small to link but I cover this in the tutorial video, it is an easy fix that takes about 30 secs.

Yin_Howe, thank you, Murphys are wholesaling both the Polo and Lifesaver version so many stores will sell it them both. I also have the just the Polo version in stock on my website originalmagic.co.uk

Hope that helps,

Ben
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My thoughts

mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2017, Stucky wrote:
I hope he sells a lot of these because he clearly needs some new shirts.

I was thinking he made this under duress. I really hope that wasn't the case.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Linko by Ben Williams (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL