The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What a deal! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16200 Posts

Profile of tommy
In my professional opinion, never trust anybody that tells you they wouldn't sell their self-respect for any amount of money.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2017, tommy wrote:
In my professional opinion, never trust anybody that tells you they wouldn't sell their self-respect for any amount of money.

I would sell my self respect, and I might even be cheap. But I'd want a low interest rate to buy myself back, or I'd lose even more self respect.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
What is a good interest rate on self respect?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16200 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is relative to the risk - the higher the risk of default the higher the interest rate. It is like gambling odds offered by bookies - the horse with the best chance is offered at lowest odds.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, tommy wrote:
Well, we can only hope that the wife of the above sniveling little guttersnipe is as pleasant as he is.

Well, we sincerely hope that you are, in fact, a professional troll.

We'd hate to think you spend hours of your days posting your sanctimonious claptrap without compensation.

We'll refrain from speaking about your wife since we doubt that any woman would be stupid enough to willingly commit to a life of such torture.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is hard to imagine in life you don't get punched a lot as aggressive as you are.

Sure I'm aggressive - with good reason; but of course I'm the only one.

Go back to the beginning of the thread and see when the snarkiness started, and by whom. Then come back and tell me that I'm wrong.

Someone said - "It's immoral to be involved in a business that is designed to prey on the unfortunate."

That was met with - "It's legal! They're helping! Communist!!"

Followed by a lot of rolling on the floor laughing.

I used to think that the influence of people with subjective morals could be ignored, and that they'd learn - or die off. I know better now.

Ymmv.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is hard to imagine in life you don't get punched a lot as aggressive as you are.

Sure I'm aggressive - with good reason; but of course I'm the only one.

This is always hilarious to me. Yep "with good reason" and the famous "others do it too".

But no there is not a reason to claim non violence and all the arrogant nonsense you preach but don't practice. Words mean nothing without backing them with action. Your actions are what shine through.

And others don't claim the high ground you always want to occupy.

Like landmark for example. He seems to live his beliefs. I may disagree, but I still see how he posts and it is consistent with how he acts.

Your aggression is just so contrary to what you preach. It is stunning.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16200 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is going on is the governments get the people into debt, then raise taxes, cut services etcetera, then we the people go short and start borrowing and so now we a mountain of personal debt. Why philosophize when it is only the action that really matters. When the action slows down it is bad news for everybody.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What a deal! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL