The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transparent By Jared Manley-Alakazam Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic

Jared Manley presents his brand new effect Transparent!

Imagine disappearing the silver part of a spectator’s £2 or 1 Euro coin so that only a clear impression of the centre piece remains. Watch the shock on their faces as, with a gentle rub over the coin, the whole £2 or 1 Euro is now totally transparent.

This is just one of the many routines which can be performed with the professionally made gimmicks provided. Utilising the gimmicks in a variety of combinations allows the performer to create their own bespoke routines as well as incorporate them into already established performances.

Transparent is one of Jared Manley’s latest creations. Having performed this extremely strong and highly versatile coin effect in all his professional close-up performances, it

is guaranteed that it will be well received by all!

I always carry transparent with me, not only is it an awesome trick in itself, it’s the perfect ending to my spellbound routine, brilliant!” Gary Jones.

"Fantastic concept and beautifully made!” Laura London

"Lovely gimmicks, really well made and you can use them for the routines supplied which are all super visual or come up with your own ideas. I will be definitely using this set, great stuff Jared!” Chris Congreve

**Transparent comes with gimmick and online training video delivered directly in to your Alakazam Account.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
Anyone using this? Looks like possibility for some lovely visual coin work.
nuur
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of nuur
Problem with stuff like this is that is too impossible. The spectators will guess you have a special coin. Unless they're very stupid. With coins across, there are some ways you could possibly do it. With this, there is no way you can do that.

Not for me.
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
True, although Jumbo coins are used a lot by workers, and clearly that aint a real coin! These gimmicks certainly would be a talking point, once handing it to spectators. Clearly not heading off the shelves considering the number of folks talking about it! Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
This reminds me a lot of Silver Extractor - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8948 except as a two-stage reveal because it's two-tone.

I like the visual a lot - to me it's not about convincing them it's the real coin, but rather having no doubt that the real coin was in their hand initially.

I also really like that it has a larger coin for better visibility.

I can't help but wonder if you could get this to play well with Murray Mint, which I believe also used a £2 coin...
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I havn't heard of Silver Extractor and agree, after looking at the ad for it, has it's similarities to one one of the gimmicks of Tranparent. Agree entirely with you regarding the visual apspect of the effect. Laura London's demo shows just that..one moment it's a real £2 , next it's clear..lovely.
My buddy bought Murray Mint at Blackpool but don't think it's come out of it's wrapper ('scuse the pun)! I do coin under watch, so I would use Transparent as an extension of that.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Wasn’t this released about 5 years ago by Magic Direct?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
You may be right. It was bought to my attention by Alakazam this year, but doesn't mean it wasn't released earler. I see it is being sold by Magic Direct.
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I bought Transparent last week in the end. As a worker I don't buy much magic to add another effect in my repertoire, but rather add to existing routines. I like what I got from Jared. You get a small pill bix with the gimmicks and access to online tuition. I miss DVDs! Anyhow, although Jared seems a little nervous in his tutorials, he provides clear and precise information about the gimmicks and effects in which you can use them. These may not knock the socks off your spectators, but they will be fascinated by the transformations and the gimmicks themselves.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Late to the party here...may I ask how many gimmicks are included? Is a 'middle bit' of a £2 coin provided?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2017, nuur wrote:
Problem with stuff like this is that is too impossible. The spectators will guess you have a special coin. Unless they're very stupid. With coins across, there are some ways you could possibly do it. With this, there is no way you can do that.

Not for me.

Magicians have been doing the bite out quarter for years now, it's always gotten massive reactions - and from experience, spectators are left clueless, so...
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Yup agreed. So, what does it come with? And... is it available anywhere?!
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
I have this in the Direct Magic UK £2 version. It comes with two coin gimmicks, which should be obvious from the video, another gimmick, and an instructional DVD. I only use £2 coins in my coin magic routines, and I usually have these on me along with my other £2 coins and gimmicks. They are nicely made, but it is a shame they aren’t made out of glass. They don’t weigh much and take up no space. Sometimes I use them, mostly I don’t. When I do use them, it is usually with kids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transparent By Jared Manley-Alakazam Magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL