The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hurricane Jose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What you fail to comprehend is that those who lose houses and businesses because of overvhype ARE victims as well. You guys jay don't seem to care is all.

What is the difference if you lose your business to the storm or needles loss of revenue? The difference is you don't get disaster relief from government or charities when it is the latter. But it's still families who are affected, but you guys just don't seem to care.

Why are the only 2 choices over hype or under? Why not just do it right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
129 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Instead of bullying and insulting our intelligence and compassion, why don't you admit you are wrong and move on to a topic where your opinion is more plausible.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That isn't bullying? Why is it those who use that word are so guilty of it?

So just because 3 of you in the brain trust decide it is ok then it is?

Why is nobody allowed to think for themselves and have different experiences?
How about your step back and say you never thought of that?

How about you tell me exactly what I am wrong about? Over hype or not is an opinion. You can disagree but no right or wrong.

I know personally the people who have lost businesses to the problem so they is not wrong. What exactly am I wrong about?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
129 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Now you want to add a touch of anarchy to our disaster preparation. Individuals know more than the collective wisdom of professionals? I guess then we would know who is the most macho family on the block.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All I am saying is that discretion is better. Is it so horrible to ask for that?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2747 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You sound a little like the mayor in "Jaws."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With the obvious difference of being right. Did you read the link even?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
So just trying to clarify here, Danny: your position is that evacuations should not be mandatory?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Now we're getting somewhere.

Also the coverage needs to be toned way down.

Also how about some help for those needlessly evacuated just because they want to error on the store of caution?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
"Earlier on today apparently a woman rang the BBC and said she had heard that there was a hurricane on the way," he says, deadpan and reliable. "Well, if you are watching, don't worry, there isn't."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1......BBC.html

As the old gambler said predicting the future is ....... hard!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2747 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:

Yes I did. Can you accept the fact that WHEN the evacuation orders were cut, Irma was projected to hit Miami dead on?

It's not the Weather Service's fault that the hurricane swerved in a way the hurricanes generally don't.

It's not like they SAW it was going to go up the West Coast and said; "Screw it! Let's inconvenience as many people as possible and evacuate the East Coast anyway!"

Are they supposed to wait until the last minute, when it would be too LATE for people to evacuate, before they make up their minds?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
Was it an Al Gore projection?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:

Yes I did. Can you accept the fact that WHEN the evacuation orders were cut, Irma was projected to hit Miami dead on?

It's not the Weather Service's fault that the hurricane swerved in a way the hurricanes generally don't.

It's not like they SAW it was going to go up the West Coast and said; "Screw it! Let's inconvenience as many people as possible and evacuate the East Coast anyway!"

Are they supposed to wait until the last minute, when it would be too LATE for people to evacuate, before they make up their minds?

So you didn't read the link.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hurricane Jose (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL