The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism trick using business cards (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
27 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
I don't carry playing cards around with me wherever I go but I usually have a stack of business cards which have print on one side and are blank on the other. There are a few tricks I do with them but I'm interested to know what other people think the best tricks are that can be done with them. I'm thinking of things that are either impromptu or need very little set up.
SilasJude
View Profile
New user
Buffalo
97 Posts

Profile of SilasJude
Take a look at Richard Busch's peek performances, great peeks in there.

Also, think about modifying playing card effects to work with business cards
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Scott Guinn's Assertive Positive Negative
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Drawing Dupe on them is the best thing imo. Magic square with their date of birth too, specially if you're into readings.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster


Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
27 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Max Hazy wrote:
Drawing Dupe on them is the best thing imo. Magic square with their date of birth too, specially if you're into readings.



Do you know where I can order or download this?
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
27 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Chamberlain wrote:
Scott Guinn's Assertive Positive Negative


Do you know where I can order or download this?
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Chamberlain wrote:
Scott Guinn's Assertive Positive Negative


Do you know where I can order or download this?



It's available on Lybrary.com at a very cheap price.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Chamberlain wrote:
Scott Guinn's Assertive Positive Negative


Do you know where I can order or download this?


Do yourself a favor and search the Café. You will be rewarded.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
There are two in my repertoire. One is my own "Imphinge", and the other is Emran Riaz' "Godspeed".

Here's a video of "Imphinge":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4knvb8xdjfwnl......mp4?dl=0
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Max Hazy wrote:
Drawing Dupe on them is the best thing imo. Magic square with their date of birth too, specially if you're into readings.



Do you know where I can order or download this?


I thought you wanted effects. Methods can be quite personal, what is great for me might not be for you. For the Magic Square I recommend the Natal Square in the book Idiopraxis by Doug Dyment. For the Drawing Dupe I use Telethought Wallet 2.0, a single billet peek and a fully surrounded stack peek (the ones I use are not published).
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster


Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Quote:
a single billet peek and a fully surrounded stack peek (the ones I use are not published).


Hey Max,

Do you plan to publish these in your upcoming book?
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Shaukat wrote:
Quote:
a single billet peek and a fully surrounded stack peek (the ones I use are not published).


Hey Max,

Do you plan to publish these in your upcoming book?


Yes. Right now I'm working on my take on cards, which is 40% done (english isn't my main language). After the cards I'll do on billets. You can read further here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=647569
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster


Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Quote:
Yes. Right now I'm working on my take on cards, which is 40% done (english isn't my main language). After the cards I'll do on billets. You can read further here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=647569



I liked the way you did OOTW. I already do 2 different OOTW's (each combines various things from various versions), but I would love to learn yours. I don't use playing cards, I just create my own sets / decks with business cards and since your effects can be done with a borrowed deck, I think my business card deck will work too : ) I look forward to it.

Sorry for derailing the thread...
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1371 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Marc Spelmann has a Penguin video release called "What Am I Thinking". It has roughly 8 effects. One of them is called Voque. It uses 4 business cards and is a combination of psychometry and a name reveal. Completely impromptu, the business cards are not gimmicked in any way, in fact you could borrow them if you so choose. A true AAA effect, and simple to do as well.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3494 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2017, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Marc Spelmann has a Penguin video release called "What Am I Thinking". It has roughly 8 effects. One of them is called Voque. It uses 4 business cards and is a combination of psychometry and a name reveal. Completely impromptu, the business cards are not gimmicked in any way, in fact you could borrow them if you so choose. A true AAA effect, and simple to do as well.



Great effect.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3053 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
There are two in my repertoire. One is my own "Imphinge", and the other is Emran Riaz' "Godspeed".

Here's a video of "Imphinge":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4knvb8xdjfwnl......mp4?dl=0

You have a unique presentational style, Ben. You create such an odd focused energy. I love it!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
3103
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
My personal favorite is High Five - from The Intrepid Rogue's Manual of Deception.

Best,

Atlas
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1432 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
If you get The Magic Circular, take a look at the June 2017 issue. My contribution has just won the Cecil Lyle Award.
RiBo
View Profile
New user
Orando, FL
77 Posts

Profile of RiBo
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Max Hazy wrote:
Drawing Dupe on them is the best thing imo. Magic square with their date of birth too, specially if you're into readings.



Do you know where I can order or download this?


Magic Square? It's in Corinda, though I prefer the 4x4 that Osterlind covers in the 13 Steps DVD set.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
I don't carry playing cards around with me wherever I go but I usually have a stack of business cards which have print on one side and are blank on the other. There are a few tricks I do with them but I'm interested to know what other people think the best tricks are that can be done with them. I'm thinking of things that are either impromptu or need very little set up.


Tricks are to trick people. Why do you want to trick people?
Far better in my opinion to study and rehearse to entertain them in a collaborative effort and mystify them using the business cards as tool of your demonstration.

You can get Mentalism ideas with business cards in various sources. You can check at Mentalism Center for it, but the most important isn'to "How?" rather "Why?"
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism trick using business cards (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL