The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism trick using business cards (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
giro doro
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of giro doro
State of the art professional impromptu business cards mentalism routine with highest impact: Magicians Graphology by Andy Nyman.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
One of my favorites is "C-O-A-T" from Cameron Francis' "Headroom" booklet.

It was inspired by a Max Maven effect ("Drawing Conclusions"--published in the April, 1984 Max Maven
issue of "Richard's Almanac").
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I would check out Millard Longman's work as well. Great billet methods.

- Richard
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I wrote a book on it. So did Amira!

My favourite thing to do is my own Im-Paired Vision, which is a reworking of 'Will The Cards Match' to be less coincidence and more on-the-spot mind reading. You can set it up from scratch in front of the spectator with a pen and although the text talks about doing it with two people standing, it's easy enough to do at a table with one person if you wish.

Apart from that it's got to be the (now old and known to most) business card version of Sneak Thief (Kuffs). If I feel I'm being burnt and proximity is an issue I sometimes do a DL instead of being Bold Smile
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've used Max Maven's Ghostwriter II to great effect. You can find it on his Penguin lecture.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Three of my favorites are:

1. Scott Creasey's Secretly Peeked Information Technique (S.P.I.T)

https://www.mentalmagicism.com/store/p18/S.P.I.T.html

2. Scott Creasey's P.I.N

https://www.mentalmagicism.com/store/p27/pin

3. I've just recently discovered Christopher Taylor's absolutely delightful Poor Mage's Billet System:

http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/poor-mages-billet-system/

And here's a fourth well worth including:

4. Christopher Taylor's Hotel:

http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/hotel/
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2017, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Marc Spelmann has a Penguin video release called "What Am I Thinking". It has roughly 8 effects. One of them is called Voque. It uses 4 business cards and is a combination of psychometry and a name reveal. Completely impromptu, the business cards are not gimmicked in any way, in fact you could borrow them if you so choose. A true AAA effect, and simple to do as well.

This was the inspiration for my effect "Subli-Mental" (available at Lybrary.com 😉). Voque is indeed a great thing and well worth your attention.

JD
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
GodSpeed by Emran Riaz, another excellent choice!
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I have ot second Max Maven's Ghostwriter II - straight forward, logical and multiple reveals.
KLMind
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
25 Posts

Profile of KLMind
Max Maven's Ghostwriter II is great. I also like to perform Max Maven's Desire from PRISM. It has multiple phases. you can give out multiple business cards afterward.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Distorted Visions/Thoughts by Jack Curtis may serve you well.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I also agree with Stunninger, Scott Creasey's Secretly Peeked Information Technique (S.P.I.T), is another fantastic Creasey release.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
RichLind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of RichLind
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
I don't carry playing cards around with me wherever I go but I usually have a stack of business cards which have print on one side and are blank on the other. There are a few tricks I do with them but I'm interested to know what other people think the best tricks are that can be done with them. I'm thinking of things that are either impromptu or need very little set up.

Not the best, but to me a good business card effect, but I'm prejudice: Business Card Lie-Detector effect at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

-rich
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2017, mindmagic wrote:
If you get The Magic Circular, take a look at the June 2017 issue. My contribution has just won the Cecil Lyle Award.

Congratulations!!
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
“Desire”- Max Maven

“Lie to Me” - Marc Paul

“Magicians Graphology” Andy Nyman

My “Terms of Endearment” (in “Reflections”). This is one of my favorite close-up presentations as it squeezes a several phases out of one bit.

“Framework” by me (in “Canvas”) which really isn’t a method as much as it is a way to wrap intrigue around a simple drawing duplication.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
That should have been “True Lies” by Marc Paul. My apologies.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Another nice routine which is fun to do with business cards is Volition by Joel Dickinson.
RichLind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of RichLind
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2017, RichLind wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, Bearded_Ste wrote:
I don't carry playing cards around with me wherever I go but I usually have a stack of business cards which have print on one side and are blank on the other. There are a few tricks I do with them but I'm interested to know what other people think the best tricks are that can be done with them. I'm thinking of things that are either impromptu or need very little set up.

Not the best, but to me a good business card effect, but I'm prejudice: Business Card Lie-Detector effect at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

-rich

Oh, I forgot: no marks, no force, no sleights, no card alteration and subject can see the randomness
-rich
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
138 Posts

Profile of thomasP
You have to see the conference of Emran Riaz, lot's of great business card stuff.
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Humint by Phill Smith. Easy to do. Incredible reactions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czbh0UhIM2E
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism trick using business cards (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL