The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Some Free Mentalism (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Hello,

The environments I used to work in were heavily populated by college students, and most college students used a graphing calculator. The Toxic force does not work on such things, due to the entire equation being displayed all at once.

So I wanted to find a way to do the Toxic force using the calculator that my target audience was accustomed to using.

How to display entire equation on the screen, without raising suspicion about how the result was generated? Well, it took some doing, but I figured a way.

Here it is, once you create a (free) account, you'll find it at the bottom of the course page. It's served me well. Use it, love it, live it:
http://wandering-magic.teachable.com/p/free-magic1

Best,
Tom Phoenix
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Thank you Tom, very generous and counter conventional thinking on how all ideas must be sold. Reminds me of how we would exchange ideas over coffee or food, just because we loved the craft. Thanks again.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4463 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
One thing that should be mentioned is that you need to make sure the calculator is set to DEGree mode and not RADians.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Did I forget that? Oops. Yes, the mode needs to be in degrees. Radians will give you a long string of numbers which is not what you want.

Also, I definitely did not mean to mention that "100 A.D." >> "180" correlation. It just slipped out. That's a way of forcing a date, and using it for 2 purposes: first for the reveal of the date, and later for the needed value in the equation.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
I just added a couple ideas for a peek device, using a card magic gimmick. Here's the link to the series: http://wandering-magic.teachable.com/p/free-magic1

Enjoy!

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Some Free Mentalism (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL