The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Hey Siri, pick a card." (BCS practice) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
254 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
I'm trying to get faster in decoding the next card in Richard Osterlind's BCS, so I've been practicing during my commute. While I could just think of a random card and then try to quickly figure out which card is next, I discovered that if I ask Siri to pick a card she comes back with a random choice.

Because I'm a geek this is much more fun to me then just thinking up a card on my own. Smile

You could turn this into a little effect if you have a n--l wr--er. Write down your prediction and then have somebody else ask their phone to pick a card. It turns out that the card Siri randomly chose is the same as the one you wrote down beforehand.

Jay
The Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
Hollywood,CA
19 Posts

Profile of The Perceptionist
WOW! Great find! Appreciate it, I was happy that Siri could flip a coin. But this is very useful.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4463 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
This also works with Amazon's Alexa and Google's Assistant.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2259 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Having a spectator ask Siri to pick a card is also a great N.W. or index effect as well.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Now if only you could have it say your force card (when you want it to) after having it saying the random selections.
Just my two cents.
Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Hey Siri, pick a card." (BCS practice) (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL