The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » New Bob Farmer book on gaffed cards (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
It's advertised in the latest Genii issue. It says you can build your own gaffs/decks. 8 effects are described. $35. Looks good. Includes a bonus effect. End of telegram.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, Maxyedid wrote:
It's advertised in the latest Genii issue. It says you can build your own gaffs/decks. 8 effects are described. $35. Looks good. Includes a bonus effect. End of telegram.

Looking forward to it.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Mine arrived in the mail last week. Good stuff.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
RudolfRassen
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of RudolfRassen
What's the name of the book?

Thanks!
Chris03
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Chris03
The Bammo Gaffus Maximus
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
More info at bammomagic@cogeco.ca
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
RudolfRassen
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of RudolfRassen
Thanks for the info. Order has been placed!
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Matt Field just posted this comment about The Bammo Gaffus Maximus:

"This is one of the most enjoyable, and amazing, books I've ever edited."
--Matt Field
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
“If you’re going to gaff, you might as well gaff to the Maximus. You can’t get these effects any other way. Farmer’s intention is to undermine everyone’s sense of the possible and he’s ruthless.”
--Stephen Minch
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
A unsolicited review from a happy customer:

"Arrived yesterday. An amazing collection of magic !! I'm very impressed."

For more details, email bammomagic@cogeco.ca
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Mine arrived more than a week ago.

I am very pleased with my purchase.

I have experienced this before when I bought a book from Bob - after my initial reception of the book, Bob might send additional PDF(s) with pertinent information. So today I was pleasantly surprised to receive one of those PDFs with a top-notch and unique tip in relation to doing faro-shuffles (if you want to know more, purchase the book).
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Excerpts from Dustin Stinett’s Genii, December, 2017, review follow.

For more information email bammomagic@cogeco.ca

“I am not sure if there has ever been a book on card magic like this one.

“While there have been booklets that concentrate on a single gaffed deck, like the Svengali or stripper deck, this one is a collection of special decks that cannot be purchased. The decks described must be made by the reader and mostly they are the creation of the book’s author, Bob Farmer. All of the ideas shared are the creation of Mr. Farmer, who has been on something of a roll lately. This book follows on the heels of The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox, which was preceded by The Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier. That’s three, significant works in two years ….

“The effects are varied, ranging from spelling tricks to effects with messages written on the cards. There’s one routine—“Devils & Angels”—in which there are specially printed cards (stickers you print and apply to blank cards—the images can be copied from the pages of the book) with sins and virtues on them.

The bottom line of all of this is that these effects are not possible—at least in as clean and magical appearing manner—without these gaffed packs. Of course, that is what gaffed decks are supposed to do: help you create strong magic, not do the magic for you ….
“‘Karmatic’ might be one of the strongest effects in the book, as well as the easiest to execute.

A card is freely selected from a blue-backed deck and set aside unviewed. Another card is freely named and removed from the face-up deck. That card is red backed, and written on its back is its value as well as the name of the card previously set aside. There’s no rough and smooth and the cards are freely selected. The second card can be named before the deck is spread face up. Table workers will want to consider this ….

“This is a truly remarkable work. Either ‘Karmatic’ or ‘Deja Voodoo’ are worth the price of the book, and there is a lot more excellent material within its 144 pages. Highly recommended.”
WaseeMagic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of WaseeMagic
The work within this book will melt the brains of both laymen and magicians alike. The effects are so amazing that I have already started using 'The Magic Red Card of Mystery'.

Buy it now or be ready to get your mind blown by someone who has it.

Waseem.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Another unsolicited comment from a purchaser:

"Hello Bob,

"I have received and read the books and I have to say, the thinking and the methodology is UNREAL. The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox & Gaffus Maximus are clear winners and whosoever hasn't bought it is really missing some mind blowing out of this world like magic which won't just amaze your audience but amaze us.

"Thank you for writing these and sharing it with all of us."

--W.M.

For more info email bammomagic@cogeco.ca
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
An unsolicited comment from a happy reader:

“I made up the deck for "Another Psychological Discovery" and performed it last night at a session with a few of the local guys who are pretty method savvy.

“They had NO clue, and sat there kinda stunned ….

“The host of the session eventually broke down and asked about "Another Psychological Discovery," and wanted to know if it was in print somewhere ….

“I was reluctant to tell the group about GAFFUS MAXIMUS, because I wanted to mess with them a bit more, but I eventually tipped the source, not the method. It was so cool to watch them try to suss the method.”

—D.H.

For more information email bammomagic@cogeco.ca
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Mike Close has published his review in his December, 2017 newsletter. He concludes:

"... if you take the time to learn these routines, you will be in an exclusive club; even though these are extraordinary effects, many will not put in the small amount of effort to make them up. You will be able to fool those people mercilessly.

"Here’s the bottom line: if you’re looking for effects that will fool the most intelligent of audiences, the routines in The Bammo Gaffus Maximus will fit the bill."

For more go to:

https://www.michaelclose.com

For infomation on how to get your hands on the book, email bammomagic@cogeco.ca
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
More reviews:

“I'm going to put Ryan Matney's Spoiler Alert, Bob Farmer's Gaffus Maximus, and Jim Steinmeyer's latest in his Impuzzibilities series on this list. If you like good card magic, these books fall into the "must have" category.”
—D.S. Genii Forum Best Magic Books of 2017

For more info email bammomagic@cogeco.ca
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
From Genii Speaks, Richard Kaufman, Genii, January 2018, p.11 (with editing):

"Bob Farmer has been writing large, adventurous, and fascinating books on various aspects of card magic for decades, but he never published them. Now he is, and following hot on the heels of The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox, he has released The Bammo Gaffus Maximus. While it is not immediately apparent from the title, this a 140-page "epic collection of gaffed decks for the 21st century."

"Never one to shy away from hyperbole, Mr. Farmer has nevertheless stated the truth, but left out that he has invented these new gimmicked decks that do NEW things ....

"... It's cheap for what you get, which is an exciting exploration of an under-developed area of card magic."

For more information, email Bammomagic@cogec.ca
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Address should be Bammomagic@cogeco.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » New Bob Farmer book on gaffed cards (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL