The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Brass Dowel Joint Source (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter McMillan
View Profile
Special user
St. George, Utah
505 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Want to make a 2 piece wand. Several actually, all exotic hardwoods. Looking for the kind of brass flange joint used in 2 piece pool cues in a smaller diameter to fit a 1/2" diameter wand.

I have Googled pool cue joint and all results are too large. There must be something out there but I can not seem to find it.

Direction or suggestions.

Thank you
MuleePete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.IMPete.com
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
How about a threaded insert? It would be tricky to get it centered just right but could probably make a jig to get it done. Those inserts come in many sizes. Might be easier to set it in a brass tube then fill the tube to get the weight you want.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
This topic has been covered before and to my recollection, there is no silver bullet. You may very well be better off crafting your own out of brass tubing which is readily available in most good hardware stores. It comes in incremental diameters that you can size to get nesting pieces.

Some will recommend hobby parts for making wooden ink pens, but I think you will find those to small.

Good luck.
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Special user
St. George, Utah
505 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Now that you mention it, I believe you are correct about past inquiries. I was hoping. Also the notion that I will have to craft my own is equally true. I did come across this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182367999281 It may give me a place to start. I was hoping those who have made the 2 piece wands might share the method they used to create such a prop. Alas, tis not to be.

Thanks for the posts fella's.

Pete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.IMPete.com
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
That mini-butt connector might be worth a try. Hard to tell the dimensions. I think the fat part might be just a hair under 1/2 in
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
155 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
If my calculations are correct it's about 10 hairs shy of 1/2" diameter.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, Cleverpaws wrote:
If my calculations are correct it's about 10 hairs shy of 1/2" diameter.

Looks like I was off by 9 hairs. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Brass Dowel Joint Source (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL