The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sisti Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
This past weekend at the Houdini Club of Wisconsin Convention in Milwaukee I was (fortunately) able to buy a set of Sisti Cups at a good price. The seller thought that they were brass, but, once I got home and inspected them more closely, comparing them to the sets shown on Bill Palmer's Cups and Balls Museum Website, they appear to be made in Church Bronze. They are beautiful cups and are a nice addition to my Cups and Balls Collection. According to Bill Palmer, the Church Bronze sets are RARE.

Any of you who own Sisti cups, or those of you who have always wanted to, are certainly welcome to chime in!~
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
They are brass at least that is my first thought.
Ask Jim Sisti or post up a pic of the outside and then one of the inside of the cups.
You can tell from the way it patina's as the color will be a bit different if it is church bronze.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2626 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I have one of the original Sisti sets when Jim was having them made and selling them. I called him and discussed a chromed set and he looked into it and I have a chrome set. I "thought" Jim only made
copper and brass sets? If so, they would be Sisti's made by RNT. Maybe Jim, Mad Jake, or Donnie Buckley could chime in.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Tom, that Sisti chromed set must be copper with chrome plating.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2626 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Leo, yes it is.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2080 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I asked my Dad, he did make chrome sets over copper and steel. But that doesn't mean someone didn't take some original copper Sisits and have the chrome plated. I think Don has done them too over copper.

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Again, per my original post, if you check the Cups and Balls Museum Website, you will see Sisti Cups in Church Bronze. The ones I purchased sure look like Church Bronze to me.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
664 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
I always liked "Church Bronze(CB)" and got a set of Sisti cups from RNT2 when they came out. I recently got a set of Monti cups in CB.
I also like Gary Animal's Guild metal cups.
I do not think anyone is making any half-brass cups now.

Smile Smile Smile
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
My RNT2 Sisti Copper Cups, which I ACQUIRED IN '10 OR '11 are my favorite cups. I also own a set of The RNT2 Mendoza Combo Cups,& A Set Of Brett Sherwood's Copper Engraved Cups, But For Some Reason, I really love those Sisti Cups the most! I Believe The Shape, Size and Weight of the Sisti Cups May Be The Reason Why.

Cardamagically....
Dom Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Leo H
When Sisti first released his cups to the market, he was not with RNT2 yet. He started with another spinner who spun the cups a bit lighter than the current models from RNT 2. It's identical to the RNT2 versions, but a bit thinner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sisti Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL