The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword box without an assistant? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nloding
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of nloding
Is there anyone that does a sword box without an assistant? There's quite a few obstacles to over come, but it seem like it should be possible somehow. Much of the illusion may have to removed because the spectator wouldn't know when to do certain things, so the illusion would likely just turn into stab these things in, maybe spin the box around, pull them out, voila. I think it's an interesting idea - any one have any thoughts or experience with this?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22576 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is more to stabbing the swords into a box. If not done properly, the person in the box can get severely injured or die.
nloding
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of nloding
There are routines where the person inside the box isn't always inside the box, for instance. And alternatives to swords - such as umbrellas, canes, etc. That could still injure someone if thrusted in the right place with enough force, but much safer than a sword by far. Are the dangers too much to overcome?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22576 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well if you want to risk your life, then do what you wish. I don't know of any sword box type effects where the person is not in the box. I can see you don't know the working of sword boxes completely. Take a look at Andrew Mayne's stuff.

Yes, I believe the dangers are to much to overcome. Why do you think, it requires practice and rehearsal to perform all magic, to work out the mistakes, of course.

Only a fool would attempt to use an untrained person you know nothing about.
nloding
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of nloding
I've seen sword box routines where the assistant opens the box empty and the magician steps out somewhere else, that's the kind of routine I was referring to. But point taken.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22576 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That kind of sword box "may" take up to 3 assistants. It is also very expensive. Then only certain theaters and venues could it be performed in as well.

Must of this type of illusion is not in print, as there are so many variables, that each is very different in the movements. This would also take months of practice and rehearsal to get it perfect.

Save your money, and when you get about #10,000 or so, contact illusion builders. I suggest you do this in person as well.
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
82 Posts

Profile of David_N
Blade Runner Illusion...pages 26-31...Solo-X by Andrew Mayne.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword box without an assistant? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL