The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breath by Peter Eggink and MagicfromHolland (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
I held back from writing about this effect until I had built up the gimmick so I could give an accurate review on how it plays in the real world. The gimmick takes around 20 minutes to make if you're mildly competent with arts and craft exercises, and seems to be fairly sturdy and won't break on you within a short period of time, despite if it does, it's only one element that needs replacing. The gimmick works to give the illusion of gum being spat back into the packet, coin-bite-esque, and does it extremely well. It is not a difficult gimmick to use, once it's made, and is rather addictive to play with, once it's set up. The routine is quick, eye-catching and great as a casual but strong piece of magic, that you can carry with you anywhere. In fact, the only real issue I have with this product is that the set-up before a performance can be a bit of a pain, and I'm seeking an alternate method to keep the gimmick set up in your pocket. This said, what makes this effects so strong is just how accessible it is. Coin bites always seemed unrealistic, and the only real assumption a spectator can make is that the coin is made in a specific way allowing the effect to occur. A cheap gum packet, and an off hand effect, is not only more believable, but far more accessible to the spectator watching. You can check it out here:

http://www.magicfromholland.com/Breath-by-Peter-Eggink
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Https://youtu.be/G-j61Iw2gjo?t=31

I don't get whats magical about a chewed up piece being spit back? At least do a non chewed piece.

If you want a quick gum effect ^ try that one. Makes way more sense
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2607 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I know I don't get it what's the trick ? he spit chewed gum into the pack did I miss something here ?
Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
44 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
Hi Guys,
Haha... try spitting back a piece back! You can't Smile
This is a type of effect I like. Let people think you have some kind of superpower and a great opener before you start doing a trick.
Let people wonder if the magic allready happened or... what what.. was that for real Smile

BUT... If you want, you can do it with a non chewed piece, no problem!
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4666 Posts

Profile of RNK
The second video show Peter spitting a chewed up piece back in the pack but the piece is restored to an un-chewed piece. I like that idea. Would be a cool opening effect.
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
I don’t see why the coin bite would be seen as less realistic. Its not like people will suddenly believe in real magic because it’s a gum packet.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2336 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I like the corner of a card in there.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I look forward to spitting gum out while I work the tables at my residency. I'm sure people eating their food won't mind.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1183 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
I look forward to spitting gum out while I work the tables at my residency. I'm sure people eating their food won't mind.

Indeed.
In the ad they stated: BLOW THEM AWAY".
I think you blow yourself away if you perform such a "thing" for dignified people.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4666 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

I don't see a problem with spitting a chewed piece of gum out that ends up restored and sealed in the package. Not only is it visual Magic but there is a lot of Comedy potential.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1183 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2017, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I don't see a problem with spitting a chewed piece of gum out that ends up restored and sealed in the package. Not only is it visual Magic but there is a lot of Comedy potential.

Possible. Different cultures, different customs.
Where I come from, I wouldn't dare to write "magic" with a capital in relation with "spitting".
I rest my case.
or.... you must be joking Smile
Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
44 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
Quote:

LOL
Guys, I truly hope you are capable enought to figure out where or where NOT to perform specific tricks!
You do not perform a Heavily Mental experiment at a Kidshow too do you?
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
What next? " Chew these 21 peices of gum, and I'll them spread them into pikes of 7, tell me which pile has the one with your favourte flavour in"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4666 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
What next? " Chew these 21 peices of gum, and I'll them spread them into pikes of 7, tell me which pile has the one with your favourte flavour in"

With a comment like this I am truly starting to wonder if you even perform for people?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breath by Peter Eggink and MagicfromHolland (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL