The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » KILLERZ! - Paul A. Lelekis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
You can't keep a good man down.. Even the fury of Irma couldn't keep Paul from publishing another inspiring ebook. This one.. KILLERZ!.. consist of seven well-planned card effects, some inspired by several of the giants of magic. Paul has a unique way of taking an already strong effect and making it stronger with a couple of well-thought-out changes.. sometimes actually simplifying the effect while retaining the original appeal. Look for effects inspired by Alex Elmsley, Michael Skinner, Michael Ammar, Dan Tong and Ned Rutledge.

Paul has included video and pictures to help explain the finer points. He also references previous works to draw from special sleights that make the effects easier. Two of the effects are partially 'inspired' by the Ambitious Card effect, which in an act of disclosure I have to admit is one of my favorite effects. Anything that gives me a different version or new insight always peaks my interest. And one effect is a take on an Ammar coin effect that can be performed by almost anyone with a little practice. This is all good stuff...

(The first line or so is from the ebook's description.. followed by my take.)

INTRODUCTION - Performance and magic etiquette.
A nice topical essay on how to treat your audience. Sage advice from someone who has performed hundreds and hundreds of shows for the public.

ANOTHER POINT OF DEPARTURE - This is a brand new method for performing Alex Elmsley’s classic effect.
Paul includes videos of both his Push-off Switch and the 4 As 5 Count. Although this is an impromptu effect, it feels like a complex effect that'll make you feel like a card sharp when you perform it. This is NOT a difficult effect, but it will make your audience think you spent endless hours perfecting it..

EIDOLON - A card is selected from a blue-backed deck. A brand new deck of red-backed cards are opened and spread. The very card selected is found missing in the brand new deck…and ALSO has a red back!
Probably the most difficult portion of this fooler is performing a peek force.. and a peek force is NOT difficult. So, there you go. One of the few effects that's not impromptu.. but NOT as difficult as you would imagine. Paul makes it painless.

DELAYED MENTAL SCALES - A massive double-revelation effect that has absolutely no explanation!
If you can perform the Lelekis In-the-hands Full Deck False Shuffle, you can pull this off. Paul even supplies the video. This is a great effect for the club, as Dan Tong, Ned Rutledge and J.G. Thompson Jr. have devised a scenario that makes reverse engineering almost impossible.

M-M-MIRACLE! - Deck is cut into 2 piles and a selection is made from one of them. The selection is placed face-up in the other pile. Without any handling, the face-up selection vanishes from that packet and is found faceup in the other pile!
A simple gaff makes the magic happen. You also need to utilize the peek force, or something similar, to put everything in motion. Then, provoke a seemingly irrational occurrence right in their faces.. I like simple gaffs. I think they have the potential to make impossible.. possible.

THE PHANTOM CARD - The selection is placed in the middle of the deck. The four Jacks are placed on top of the deck and without any manipulation the selection rises up, in between the four face-up Jacks!
Paul likes to describe this as a sort of cross between The Ambitious Card and a sandwich effect. I fully concur.. Although I am not a big fan of sandwich effects, this Phantom Card effect gives me a legit reason to perform one. They see me put a card, even a signed card, in the middle of the deck. Then, with a Bob Stencel Squiggle Display, (explained, thank goodness) the four Jacks are placed on top of the deck, and with a bit of magic and Fairy dust, the signed selection appears between the Jacks. Sounds complicated.. but it's not.

THE QUEENS HAVE RISEN - The Ambitious Card on steroids. The four Queens placed in the deck, rise to the top!
Yes, you take the four Queens, insert them into four different locations in the deck.. and then BAM! they're all on top... At least that's what the audience sees. It takes a slight bit of prep, but the prep is performed right under the spectators eyes, and they don't see a thing. Nice.. 'Maybe' my favorite... at least at this moment in time.

SPECIAL BONUS!
A Michael Ammar COIN MIRACLE - This Michael Ammar effect is rarely seen, very easy to do, and will completely charm your spectators! You will receive ovations from this brilliantly scripted effect!
I am not a coin guy. I am a klutz.. at least when it comes to palming coins. You would think my big fat fingers would be ideal for that.. but noooo. That said.. I CAN DO THIS! Thank you Michael and Thank you Paul..

I again encourage folks to buy yet another Paul Lelekis ebook. It's about value and practicality. Ten bucks. You can't beat the price and you can't beat the value of seven effects from geniuses of magic. If you find ONE effect you'll keep and make your own, your average day has turned into a good day. I don't make promises.. but I think you'll have a VERY good day...

https://www.lybrary.com/product_info.php?products_id=922102
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » KILLERZ! - Paul A. Lelekis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL