The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Wagon Quantum Tunnel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3615 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It seems all the Magic Wagon effects get globbed into the giant Magic Wagon thread, but I wanted a thread to just discuss this one effect.

My apologies if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't find it.

Anyway, when I first got this, I was a bit disappointed because it just seemed anti-climactic. You place the bolts in the tunnel and drop the ball through them.

However, I discovered a little subtlety. I don't know if they are all exactly the same, but on mine, the top bolt is just a hair to one side. If I hold the tower as I drop the ball, I can lean it toward them and drop the ball in, so they see the ball going in and the ball clunks against the first bolt and stops. I can then hold it from the top, release my lower hand and the tower is perfectly upright and the ball stays in place and they can see that it hasn't traveled through. I can then ask them to hold out their hand, set it on their hand so they are holding it from the bottom and I'm holding it from the top. I get them to focus their energy, and with the most imperceptible of movements, the ball will drop through. When the ball just goes right through, it doesn't feel magical to me. However, when the ball first stops, and then goes through after being controlled by two minds, it really FEELs like magic.

I also realized after playing with it a bit that if I hold it from the bottom, but not covering the hole, just allowing just a tiny bit less light through the hole, they can look into the tunnel as closely as they desire and not see anything.

Now I just need to figure out an entertaining premise for all this.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who actually uses Magic Wagon effects in performance.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

KJ
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
543 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
This is a very cool effect and I am surprised and disappointed to find that there were no contributions to the thread. 1KJ do you know who is credited with inventing the effect?
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Wagon Quantum Tunnel (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL