The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Book from John Carey. Me, my cards and I (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi Guys!

I'm delighted to inform you that the pre publication special on my forthcoming book, Me, My Cards and I is now live!

We expect delivery of the books on November 3rd. Coming in at 160 pages, this is a full colour cover hardback book with over 70(!) powerful and practical card effects and a couple of my favorite coin effects I sneaked in under the cover of darkness. In addition, crystal clear photographs accompany the text.

There truly is something for all tastes in the book. Thought of card effects, Ace routines, predictions, discoveries and a wide array of powerful utility items that you will love adding to your toolkit.

The pre publication special price is £30 plus shipping. But there's more! All pre publication customers will receive the digital editions of my books, Minimalistica and Carey Files FREE! Yes I've been told that's insanity kicking in but why not?😊

All 3 volumes combined gives you well in excess of 170 effects, utilities and essays.

A very big thank you to Phill Smith and Steve Haresign for their help with this project.

Have a great weekend!

John Carey

http://me-my-cards-and-i.co.uk/
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Great news John. I'll ask the obvious question - will it be available as an e-book? Thank you.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Maybe next year my friend!

Best Wishes

John
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Ordered - John never disappoints 😎
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
I'll have some demo videos on the site on Monday, there's some GREAT material in the book, I think people will dig it.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
After seeing John on Zero to Hero, and subscribing to Carey-Scene, this is on my to-get list.
(Well, subscribe/bought both issues so far).

Ordered.

Thanks John,

Dave
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Everything this man releases is a must have.

Love John's work & love the person he is.

Unspoilt by success & an amazing creator.

Mike Donoghue
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Thank you guys. There's now some demo videos on the site.

Best Wishes

John
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
Pre Publication of Magic books and tricks are getting further and further away. Its getting more like purchasing a funeral plan. Nothing against your work John but I am sick of seeing this type of marketing.
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
Pre-publication deals don't bother me at all.

If it's someone you know produces good stuff, then go for it, if not then hold off and wait for reviews.

In this case it's definitely on my list, All the JC stuff I have has been real world usable and/or instructive.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
I'm torn between pre-ordering this or Paul Gordon's Article 52 book. https://www.paulgordon.net/shop?olsPage=......us=false I can only afford one. What to do?
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@Colin,

Get a new job?

Dave
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I had the pleasure of watching John at LADS where he performed several effects from this book. I also had my lady with me who is a complete layman and she absolutely loved watching John perform these effects. John has an uncanny knack of creating extremely strong material that is as impressive to magicians as it is to laymen whilst being very accessible and requiring a minimum of effort to perform.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
I'm torn between pre-ordering this or Paul Gordon's Article 52 book. https://www.paulgordon.net/shop?olsPage=......us=false I can only afford one. What to do?

Not to be biased as I'm a fan of both JC and PG but with the deal JC is offering you actually get 3 books soif you can only afford 1 it's a no brainer really.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I bought The Carey Files, then got a free copy w/ his Zero to Hero course, and now got another free copy for pre-ordering his book.

Maybe I can trade them in for Vol. 2 (when/if it comes out?)

Dave
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2017, Boomer wrote:
I bought The Carey Files, then got a free copy w/ his Zero to Hero course, and now got another free copy for pre-ordering his book.

Maybe I can trade them in for Vol. 2 (when/if it comes out?)

Dave

Looks like you got a bargain The Carey Files looks very good.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2017, Boomer wrote:
@Colin,

Get a new job?

Dave

I have been trying for a while. It's a tough world. Smile
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:

Not to be biased as I'm a fan of both JC and PG but with the deal JC is offering you actually get 3 books soif you can only afford 1 it's a no brainer really.

Great advice, I'll take it. Thank you.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Quote:

If you're not a salesman Warren then you've missed your calling, lol.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2017, phillsmiff wrote:
Quote:

If you're not a salesman Warren then you've missed your calling, lol.

Phill

haha Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Book from John Carey. Me, my cards and I (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL