The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Sharp Shooter by Jonathan Wooten (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Hi I'm the creator of SharpShooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7t0hY05j-c

This is my first release to the magic community.

If any of you have any questions etc.. feel free to ask. This effect instant resets, it's a one time diy for the gimmick and your done. The gimmick takes up barely any space. It's pretty much a self working spectator does the magic effect. Also this effect can be performed multiple times. Most spectators always want to do it twice, though I have had a spectator find their card 4 times.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23692
https://www.sansminds.com/product/sharpshooter/
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......dvd.html

Penguin and Saturn seem to have a typo on my name. lool
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2071 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Looks great!
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Thanks Smile you won't be disappointed. I do it slightly different then how they perform it in the trailer but the methods the same. I teach the spectator how to shoot it in and let them practice a bit before shooting it into the deck and finding their card. I do like the idea sansminds had though. Stretching it out for the spectator. I will start using that when I have a spectator who has hand problems or trouble stretching it out.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I’ve seen this and it’s very clever. Really easy to do and to make and jonathan has a lot of clever ideas. I think his name will be one you see a lot more of.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I’ve seen this and it’s very clever. Really easy to do and to make and jonathan has a lot of clever ideas. I think his name will be one you see a lot more of.


I agree this is so clever I'm using it in my close up it's a worker
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, kieronthemighty wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I’ve seen this and it’s very clever. Really easy to do and to make and jonathan has a lot of clever ideas. I think his name will be one you see a lot more of.


I agree this is so clever I'm using it in my close up it's a worker


Thanks Paul and Kieron Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1036 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
CONGRATULATIONS JONATHAN!!!

I remember when you were sharing effects and ideas with me back some time ago. This is FANTASTIC to see your first release!

Sharp Shooter looks really looks good and you certainly can't go wrong when involving spectators in the magic.

Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2017, EZrhythm wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS JONATHAN!!!

I remember when you were sharing effects and ideas with me back some time ago. This is FANTASTIC to see your first release!

Sharp Shooter looks really looks good and you certainly can't go wrong when involving spectators in the magic.

Smile


That was so many years ago haha. I sent you a pm. Thanks!

Yeah when a spectator does the magic, it's the best Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7133 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Looks great, just a shame it's not a download. I'm not prepared to pay for post and packing on top of the price.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Looks great, just a shame it's not a download. I'm not prepared to pay for post and packing on top of the price.


How expensive is shipping from your local UK dealers? @__@ It's in stock at most UK magic shops etc..
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Looks great, just a shame it's not a download. I'm not prepared to pay for post and packing on top of the price.


i was told saturn has free shipping? https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/free-delivery.html

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......dvd.html

hope that helps Smile
mcthemax
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of mcthemax
Guys, I just watched a clip of Jonathan doing it live. The sprctator did it 3 times in a row and got it every time. Much fooling than the trailer. It surely is on my list.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, mcthemax wrote:
Guys, I just watched a clip of Jonathan doing it live. The sprctator did it 3 times in a row and got it every time. Much fooling than the trailer. It surely is on my list.


thanks! Usually people do it quite a bit haha. I will be posting some more live videos here sometime next week Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7133 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok thanks Jonathon. I'll grab this from Saturn in that case. There's mention of a gimmick. Is this supplied or arts & crafts??
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Ok thanks Jonathon. I'll grab this from Saturn in that case. There's mention of a gimmick. Is this supplied or arts & crafts??


It's a one time DIY for the gimmick, takes a few minutes. You should have everything you need already at home.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
I was sharing this in a Facebook group because I thought it was funny.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......shooter/ ((I didn't know vanishing inc writes their own trick descriptions))

It's almost like a mini review!

Quit doing all the work for your spectator. Let them find their own signed card with Sharpshooter!

You know the thrill you and a spectator get when you find their signed card. Now you can transfer that feeling directly to the spectator as they find their card themselves. That's right, they sign a card that gets lost in the deck, yet using only a rubber band, they are able to cut directly to their card every time! And the gimmick can be used over and over and performance is a breeze!

It's time to let the spectators make the magic happen in an eye-popping way they won't forget. It's time for Sharpshooter!
tombennett
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tombennett
Hey everyone!

I personally love the ability to make the audience member the star of the show and get them involved in a effect, I'm sure most performers are the same and I think this is one of the best effects for this, its beautiful and just as clean as it looks in the trailer the audience member flicks a rubber band into the deck and it snaps around there signed card, I love the idea and the gimmick (if you would call it that) can be made in five minutes with things everybody has in there kitchen

Jonathan is an incredibly smart guy and has been sharing ideas with me for a couple of years now and I'm so glad he's finally put something on the market, his style of thinking is unlike anybody else I have ever met!

I really look forward to what else he has to share in the future

all the best
tom
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Hey Everybody! Just had a minute to write a review!

"Almost every magician has a staple routine where they reveal the spectator’s signed card. Although countless variations of this effect are created constantly, every once in a while something truly special comes along. From the mind of Jonathan Wooten, this is his unique take on a classic.

Introducing Sharpshooter!

A hands-on card routine where you cut a deck right to you spectator’s signed card, with nothing more than a rubber band! The gimmick is reusable, it is easy to perform, but the best part is your audience can perform the magical moment themselves, creating an unforgettable experience for everyone! Take the role of a Sharpshooter and reveal cards with pin-point precision every single time!

What you get:

1 Instructional DVD"

If you watch the trailer that is exactly what you are getting. Your spectator lets go of the rubberband and it shoots right to their selected card. The perks to this is the spectator really does select any card, there is no force which is awesome, you can repeat the trick multiple times for the same person. The reset is instant, as long as you have the gimmick and the rubberband there is nothing to reset. I have tried and you can actually let the spectator do the whole entire effect by themselves, it isn't taught but if you know how it works it is no problem. The only con is this, The runtime on this is 15 minutes. I feel like they could have made it a little longer and at the end another method is briefly explained but it's not really taught. Also the gimmick isn't put together but it doesn't take much to make it. I wish they would have included something for the alternative handling since it's a dvd but I got this in their mystery box. If you like what the trailer looks like you won't be disappointed. I rate this 4.5/5 stars, just because of the short run time and not included gimmicks, or it would have a perfect rating. I look forward to seeing more from Jonathan as this you will use. Let me know if any of you have questions, I'd be happy to answer them (:
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2017, tombennett wrote:
Hey everyone!

I personally love the ability to make the audience member the star of the show and get them involved in a effect, I'm sure most performers are the same and I think this is one of the best effects for this, its beautiful and just as clean as it looks in the trailer the audience member flicks a rubber band into the deck and it snaps around there signed card, I love the idea and the gimmick (if you would call it that) can be made in five minutes with things everybody has in there kitchen

Jonathan is an incredibly smart guy and has been sharing ideas with me for a couple of years now and I'm so glad he's finally put something on the market, his style of thinking is unlike anybody else I have ever met!

I really look forward to what else he has to share in the future

all the best
tom


Thanks tom! Smile
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:
Hey Everybody! Just had a minute to write a review!

"Almost every magician has a staple routine where they reveal the spectator’s signed card. Although countless variations of this effect are created constantly, every once in a while something truly special comes along. From the mind of Jonathan Wooten, this is his unique take on a classic.

Introducing Sharpshooter!

A hands-on card routine where you cut a deck right to you spectator’s signed card, with nothing more than a rubber band! The gimmick is reusable, it is easy to perform, but the best part is your audience can perform the magical moment themselves, creating an unforgettable experience for everyone! Take the role of a Sharpshooter and reveal cards with pin-point precision every single time!

What you get:

1 Instructional DVD"

If you watch the trailer that is exactly what you are getting. Your spectator lets go of the rubberband and it shoots right to their selected card. The perks to this is the spectator really does select any card, there is no force which is awesome, you can repeat the trick multiple times for the same person. The reset is instant, as long as you have the gimmick and the rubberband there is nothing to reset. I have tried and you can actually let the spectator do the whole entire effect by themselves, it isn't taught but if you know how it works it is no problem. The only con is this, The runtime on this is 15 minutes. I feel like they could have made it a little longer and at the end another method is briefly explained but it's not really taught. Also the gimmick isn't put together but it doesn't take much to make it. I wish they would have included something for the alternative handling since it's a dvd but I got this in their mystery box. If you like what the trailer looks like you won't be disappointed. I rate this 4.5/5 stars, just because of the short run time and not included gimmicks, or it would have a perfect rating. I look forward to seeing more from Jonathan as this you will use. Let me know if any of you have questions, I'd be happy to answer them (:


thanks so much! Smile I'm really glad you like it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Sharp Shooter by Jonathan Wooten (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL