The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mismade Lady (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Where can I find an affordable mismade lady set?
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Define affordable.
Daniel Faith
Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Umm.... Under $1000 if possible. (I really don't know how much they cost because I havent bought many large scale tricks like that)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22650 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In other words, you have not bought any Illusions. Well think $5000 and up. Craftmanship and secrets cost a lot of money. Just keep looking you may find someone really hurting for money and get your price.

If buy the plans you can build yourself or have a cabinet maker in your town make it for you. Then take to a small auto body repair shop for the painting. This is the only way to get the price you are looking for.

Then you need an assistant, lights, music and sound system, curtains to present it. Oh! I forgot, you need an theater with a stage. Good luck on your quest!
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
CHeck Ebay,
I just recently bought a "{He's come undone" illusione, similar to a mismade lady, but the magician go's into the box with the plot of an assistants revenge, with a custon AT case for $750.
Just be patiesnt and keep looking,
Kyle
rocky clements
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of rocky clements
Magic Auction (on the internet) is an excellent place to find used illusions, both by professional builders and unknown builders. There have been several Mismade's in the past couple of years on their website, ranging in price from around $600 up to a few thousand. I have bought and sold several props there, including a Mismade Lady!
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
The Mis Made has always been a fun illusion to perform.. but you do need some distance between you and the audience. The parts should also be decent.. not foam and soup cans... I've seen this done before. It's also best to have another on stage assistant to help with the stacking and unstacking of the boxes. This moves the illusion along a little faster and it will save your back in the long run.

Steve
Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Quote:
On 2004-04-13 21:53, wmhegbli wrote:
In other words, you have not bought any Illusions. Well think $5000 and up. Craftmanship and secrets cost a lot of money. Just keep looking you may find someone really hurting for money and get your price.

If buy the plans you can build yourself or have a cabinet maker in your town make it for you. Then take to a small auto body repair shop for the painting. This is the only way to get the price you are looking for.

Then you need an assistant, lights, music and sound system, curtains to present it. Oh! I forgot, you need an theater with a stage. Good luck on your quest!

Quote:
On 2004-04-13 21:53, wmhegbli wrote:
In other words, you have not bought any Illusions.

No,no,no,no,no,no.... I have bought counless illusions for my many shows, but non as large as high scale as mismade lady. A good performance is up to the performer, not the tricks, so I never saw it nessecary to buy such expensive props when I can create the same high impact with cheaper things. I am mostlr a street performer though, however I am just starting in stage magic. I have an excellent zombie routine, a good Snowstorm in China, and a MacDonald's Aces that has brought the house down twice out of 4 shows. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I am only 17, but this does not make me an amateur. I am well aware of what is involved in stage shows and I don't need to be reminded.

Thanks anyways,
Steve McDonald- Street Magician
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Steve: The very thought that you could get a workable "Mismade" for $1,000 shows some lack of knowledge of illusions. The above post IMHO was to remind you of the complexity. It may have been a little strong, but, it could save you some hard earned cash in the long run. It is very difficult to dabble in illusions.
Chance Wolf makes some great Mini-illusions that may be much more suitable for a Street performer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22650 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To define illusions - tricks that are made for human concealment and effects. Very large boxes, cages, etc.

It seems my definition is different then yours. I was not speaking of you or your current matieral, as I only went by what you posted. Mis-Made Lady is an Illusion. Zombie is not, it is a trick or magicial effect. SnowStorm in China is a trick, a manipulation trick. Both can be performed on a stage, but this does not make them illusions.

The arm amputation we call an illusionette.

Hope this helps show I was not attacking you, but commenting on your question.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Steve, you perform the MacDonald's Aces on stage? What size audience? How do people see the effect? Do you use a close-up camera and Video monitors like Henning, Copperfield and others?

I must admit that I have never tried MacDonald’s Aces or any other packet card trick as a stage presentation! I do card magic on stage, Jumbo Cards to Pocket, Super Size Chase the Ace, Super Size Three Card Prince, or Super Size Mish Mash Card. All can be seen in a medium size hall and about 500 give or take in the audience.

Good for you for getting the reaction you did from a close-up trick done on stage.

There are very inexpensive ways to get started in the larger illusions. The Grant Victory Carton type of Illusions (hey Andrew Mayne is putting out a version of an old Grant illusion with his Umbrella penetration Box. I wonder where he buys all those umbrellas and keeps the cost under $20.00?). Hans Moretti made a solid reputation by putting two rather common and easy Grant tricks together and added some swords (instead of broom sticks), put it on a table and created “The Box”. It is a highly respected illusion.

Of course you will need to have an assistant to do almost any illusion. I say good luck in building your illusion show.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
weirdmagic48708
View Profile
New user
Michigan
67 Posts

Profile of weirdmagic48708
Andrew buys them from a dollar store for a buck a piece.
Illusion Experience
Featuring Head Rush
Impossible
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
44 Posts

Profile of Impossible
I know where you can get a used, but very good condition mis-made for $1600, part of a touring road show that was interupted by 911. I rented it a few times and it works great (I would buy it but I don't have room for it). It's built solid as to bang into trucks, walls, etc. yet it's light-weight (marine ply). PM me if you're interested. It's here in N.Y.

Matt Thomas
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times... Don't exaggerate!" And as Bill Hallahan requested, I can't put a website address in ANY post, so I'll add it here:
www.MagicAndIllusion.com
Thanks
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
$1600!!! Some people just have all the luck. I never seem to be able to find deals like that anywhere. It's too bad I'm not looking for a Mis-made Lady.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Impossible
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
44 Posts

Profile of Impossible
Before you get too excited, it's not an Owens! lol It's a home-made job, but the guy who made it knew what he was doing as far as making an illusion that would endure the trails and travails that a road show encounters. I know the builder, who is a professional magician (has been pretty much all his life), and he doesn't buy Owens quality stuff. Not because he thinks the stuff isn't work the high price tag because some of it is. SOME OF IT, not all of it. But realistically, do you know how long it would take to make back the cost of a full scale illusion show, when a decent mis-made alone goes for a minimum of at least $5000-$6000? It's bad business. How much do you think an "illusion" show sells for? How much does the show generate on a per performance level? Unless you are one of the top ten, the profit margin isn't as great as you think, especially if you want to keep working. Now add the cost of assistants, trucking, overnight stays for everyone, etc. When an illusion breaks, you better be able to fix-it, and fix-it fast. If you built it, you know how to fix-it. If you buy an illusion, any illusion, and spend $5,000-$15,000 for it, you wind up "flipping-out" at every single scratch. Multiply those scratches by 10, 20, 50 shows, and your investment just went down the tubes, as did your sanity! If you are even considering doing full scale illusions, (bigger than that which barely fits in your hatch-back car), consider learning some basic carpentry skills. it will save you a fortune in the long run. Just my two cents worth.

Sincerely,
Matt
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times... Don't exaggerate!" And as Bill Hallahan requested, I can't put a website address in ANY post, so I'll add it here:
www.MagicAndIllusion.com
Thanks
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
I bought a stack of boxes and built my first Mismade lady from that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mismade Lady (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL