The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Revival (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Anyone have and ideas for an effect that helps illustrate revival to grade 1-3 age group?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
To revive something means to restore it so it's working at it's optimum potential. So, I would think about restoration effects - something that may not necessarily broken, but instead just old, worn-out, dirty, scuffed, run down etc.... and that item is restored to it's original visage or usage.

Another thought that comes to mind when thinking of revival is to be re-charged. There's a scientific toy known as the energy stick: https://www.amazon.com/Be-Amazing-Toys-E......04K0DSDC
perhaps one of the kids represents a connection with God and the bar lights up. This is an undeveloped idea... very raw idea here so, just a thought Randy Smile
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Humpty Dumpty is a good restoration effect - show Humpty -it falls apart - put pc's into the thin cabnit - open cabnit - humpty is restored - the box could be re-decorated as a Bible or a Church (Abbotts effect and or Tannens??)
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
How about Doc Halley's Jesus paper tear. the black dots on different colored strips of paper showing different problems in our lives and then torn and restored by Jesus.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Some good ideas, keep them coming, appreciate it, it gets the creative juices flowing for me!
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
When was going through Prostate surgery(couple years ago) - came up with an paper tear idea- full sheet - "put in the PROBLEM!!" then tear so you come up with 4 pcs - each one with an Angel -named -- Hope(to get well)//Faith(in our Lord getting well)// Patience (getting well) // and JOY (got well/healed) Helps?? Ralph (russo) Rousseau
Joeni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Joeni
There are many different meanings in the word "revival": New birth, growth / multiplication, renewal, awakening,... Which of these aspects are especially important to your show?

New birth: color change of silks (red to white perhaps, with Isaiah 1,18)
growth / multiplication: many "gold nuggets" out of one
renewal: T/R newspaper or sth of the like / cut and restored rope
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
P.s. to paper tear above-- don't bring out 4 seperate qtr.page, angels - bring out a FULL sheet with the Angels - or - a string of angels ,wing to wing (like the paperdoll string - we did as kids-or for our now grandchildren L-O-L) RR
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
The track to take with revival is wide open definition wise which is nice...
I do a red/white chameleon silk, I like that as I have something already ready to go, with a few script modifications!
paper tear ideas good too, haven't done many of those, so will chew on that a bit, love ALL the ideas...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Joeni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Joeni
What have you now decided for?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Done a bit of a turn, going to talk about our identity in Christ and how we often forget who we truly are, and we need to revive and remind ourselves from God's word who He sees us as. Doing s rubiks cube trick with the point that on our own we can't solve the mixed up mess of our life but as we remember who we are we are revived and it all comes together as we were designed to, so then we experience a revived and abundant life when we walk with God in our true identity.

The ideas shred here are working their way into my next summer camp theme as there are a number of awesome ideas which I think I can build a whole series from, not just a short chapel message. Smile. Sharing the above message next week. Smile
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Revival (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL