The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 to 1 Deck update (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
How many versions are there ffs. How do you know you are buying the latest, and not some old stock with the dust brushed off!
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I am so confused with the versions, etc.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I bought the original. completely happy with it although I need to practice wuth it a little more. Work seems to get in the way!
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
This 52-1 deck (new version) is absolutely awesome! I am buying a back up. My only question is what are thoughts on having an out Incase spec does not cut to their card?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
You can of course see if they cut to it by how big a pile they have cut of and the key cards are marked. I I have the put down the section they cut off before showing any cards and then depending on which pile it is in I have them try again or I say you were close and I cut it. It seems incongruous but they have no idea whats coming and it works fine.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Can someone elaborate about the different versions mentioned? Are there several versions of the "52 to 1 deck"? Or you are referring about the older 5221 effect from Wayne Fox?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On May 14, 2018, How wrote:
This 52-1 deck (new version) is absolutely awesome! I am buying a back up. My only question is what are thoughts on having an out Incase spec does not cut to their card?

I don’t tell them they are going to cut to their card . I just say cut about a third / half or two thirds once I know their cards location . If they hit game over , if they don’t I get them to continuing cutting and complete the Jay Ose false triple table cut which looks like their thought of card is more impossibly lost . I then proceed to cut to it straight away myself , I hope that helps best wishes Tarik 🙂
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Where can I learn the Jay Ose False Cut Tarik?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s on Move Zero volume 2 by John Bannon and Big Blind Media . I think Liam Montier also has it on his DVD called False Cuts and Shuffles regards Tarik 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Seems like it was on MZ Vol. 1 quite a bit as well.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes it’s available pretty much all over the place but I find it a good natural continuation if they miss . I tend to just cut to it myself from the get go mostly though but it’s another option that I sometimes use as this ploy carries a lot of gain for some with no risk imo . I false shuffle or false cut the deck at least anyway so it appears impossible to know the thought of cards current location now the deck has been shuffled or cut . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2018, LondonN8 wrote:
52-1 great trick worth the money could have been £5 less but overall good effect Smile

So you are saying it's worth the money if it was a bit cheaper? Color me confused!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I contacted Penguin regarding this "new" update of 52 to 1 Deck and they had no idea. They confirmed that they carry the same deck that they have been selling before. Alakazam's site also does not mention anything about an updated version with the extra df cards. If I have misread or misunderstood something, please let me know.

Thank you.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
I’ve been having trouble performing this. I can’t get spec to consistently cut to their spot. I’m 50/50 and that is not good enough. Thoughts?
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
I contacted Penguin regarding this "new" update of 52 to 1 Deck and they had no idea. They confirmed that they carry the same deck that they have been selling before. Alakazam's site also does not mention anything about an updated version with the extra df cards. If I have misread or misunderstood something, please let me know.

Thank you.
Michael

There is an updated version with extra cards. Not sure how Penguin doesn’t know about it when they sell it.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, mikenewman wrote:

They are very similar but newest comes with some extra cards which I won’t use.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, pegasus wrote:
How many versions are there ffs. How do you know you are buying the latest, and not some old stock with the dust brushed off!

I believe the first one is discontinued now. If you buy new you won’t have an issue.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, How wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, mikenewman wrote:

They are very similar but newest comes with some extra cards which I won’t use.

Can you explain what the extra cards are for?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Outs I would imagine it you or the spectator miss . Regards Tarik 🙂
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
New quote from GARRETTthomas:
"A great step forward in method and presentation of the think a card plot. Easy to execute, fun to do, just add you."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 to 1 Deck update (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL