The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flying Mask by Brevis Magic (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
A stunning and beautiful ILLUSION - WITH THE FLIGHT OF THE MASK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5pFSD8o2DU Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I wasn't that impressed. I believe it would look better if the mask were not attached to the cloth.
Jeff McBride did a zombie routine with one of his masks log long ago in his mask act.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If a special prop used in the presentation of a magic effect, it has to be introduced to the audience, and reason given why the effect is being presented.

A 2nd mask is needed for this introduction. Nice to see a dealer/manufacturer using the Tommy Wonder method for floating, but the mask just not make any sense. Why a black cloth on the mask and a black foulard being used as well. No separation of the prop and prop.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
I'm very tightly connected with the theater and directors - that's why I see great potential in this illusion. Magic and theater, very few magicians develop these two planes of skill.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The black cloth attached to the mask is part of the mask costume. I didn't see a second foulard, only the cloth that draped from the top-rear of the mask properly.. A great story line could be spun about the Commedia dell'arte and the masks used.

I'd probably try to shorten the cloth. Maybe even enter with the mask on with the cloth draped over the back and sides of my head and onto my shoulders and back.

I'd probably use this in my Renaissance Fair costume and do a playlet.

Frankly it was a better prevention (albeit just a demo) than I remember Jeff McBride's floating mask in his Mask act.

This is interesting and has potential given the right motivation, setting, and venue.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
I saw this at Magic Live 2019 and it is very impressive in person. The zombie moves have been refined and are much better than the ones seen in this video. In the right context, this is very magical. It needs a story leading into the float. I liked it so much I purchased one and am working on the routine. I think I can take it to the next level.
Igor de Kort
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Igor de Kort
Thank you, Dunraven! The video, mentioned was from 2017, posted by a Dutch magic dealer. The technics for the Flying Mask are being refined a lot since that time. I give a link to a video from Magic Live 2019 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4a0HNgGSQ
I agree that this effect is ment to be used in a setting where not only the technics of the effect get the focus, but the theatrical part gets the focus. For that reason the Flying Mask is sold with the extra mask to have more possibilities for introducing, exchanges and more extensive ways to use the Flying Mask theatrically.
The older video and the one I showed here, are mainly a dealer demonstration how the effect is. That is only a start what to do with it. I will later post a video of a short act in which you can see how the Flying Mask can be integrated in a storyline.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flying Mask by Brevis Magic (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL