The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Recommendation for Next Stage Act (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PalmanZindeno
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of PalmanZindeno
Hello,

I am looking for a act to learn next.

Every year I am invited to do acts at a out door festal and I try to bring something new each time. This year I am struggling to think of a fun illusion for stage.

Currently I do the 100 foot rope escape, Straight jacket, swords threw the basket, and a Guillotine act. All, pretty straight forward, they are fun and read well on a stage, all can be done in the round. I don't have a lot on money to invest into a Grand Illusion, prehaps like $500 for something that is interesting and fun that can pack small.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
The first thing that comes to mind is a zig zag box. It's a really great illusion that can be packed up fairly small. You could probably get the plans and build one yourself for $500 or less. Another option would be to buy a used one. This would run a couple grand, though.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
I have always like the Metamorphosis Trunk.....I think that is what it is called
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
The chair suspension is reasonable and can be done in the round. You might also consider an Arrowhead or head spiker.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
...he says with a wink and a smile, as he holds his Black and Decker buzz-saw prop up high! Smile
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Something you may want to look into is Anthony Lindans ‘Incredible Suit Jacket Escape’. Not sure if it is still available through Bill Abbott’s site though MJM Magic has it in stock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Recommendation for Next Stage Act (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL